Does anyone really care? When someone is down and has a problem do you listen or do you shut them down?

I listen and try to give them some encouragement. But others don't really care about anyone else, so they shut them down, in some way or another.

Eric Clapton - Nobody Knows You When You're Down & Out (Subtítulos en Español)Rola de Jimmy Cox (28 de junio de 1882 - marzo de 1925) Grabado el 18 de agosto de 1992, los miembros de la banda son: Eric Clapton:- Guitarra y Vocalista Ra...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvq-L3WoBTg
56% I listen 44% It depends 0% Other
StarzAboves avatar Language
9 31
@2607040

Great comment, Linn, thanks.
Some people like to air their complaints and worries to others, but when it comes time for the other person to vent, they don't want to hear it. I find that very rude.

@StarzAbove Great comment, Linn, thanks. Some people like to air their complaints and worries to others, but when it comes time...

I try to avoid these people. They are a waste of my time. Especially when it is always one sided😊

Unless it's a person who is a perpetual complainer, I do listen and try to be of some comfort.

@2607063

Same here. If it's a person who is always a Debbie Downer, I will listen and usually sympathize....but when it's someone who hardly ever airs their true feelings to anyone, needing to vent, and gets shut down, I find it rather rude and would probably be very hurtful to that person. I doubt they would ever open up to anyone else again.

We just never know what another person is dealing with in their lives, or how fragile they are at that time in their life.

@2607073

That's very true. If it's just someone whining about the same thing all the time, then no amount of advice is gonna help. If it's a health issue, then I'm willing to listen no matter how long it takes.

I'll be generous with my time and listen, but that's not to say my compassion is unlimited. I will shut the person out after awhile - especially at work. I'm not being paid to be a therapist.

I will listen some. My listening skills are a very limited resource with people I believe are just bitching for a hobby.

Will_Janitors avatar Will_Janitor It depends +4Reply
@2607698

Hello friend, so good to hear from you again. How are you surviving this hot summer?

@2607703

Wow that's too hot for me. A new house, that's great. I'm sure you're loving it. I doubt I'll ever have another new house, we're content right where we are.

Everything is fine here, although as we speak we're having a thunderstorm.....about 1/2 hour ago it was pitch black, lots of thunder and heavy rain, but it's letting up now.

No, I don't enjoy summer at all, I like cooler weather we have in the Fall. Next week it's supposed to be in the 90's....I hate that number. lol

@2607710

The last two winters have been pretty mild, I think we only had one heavy snow and that melted in a day or two.

The only thing I like about summer is not having to wear heavy clothing..... lol

@2607716

70 degrees would be ideal year around.

@2607718

70 is a little cool to be in the water, though. I envy you, I wish I was on a sandy beach as we speak.

@2610567

Sounds wonderful.

I will always listen no matter what time of the day or night. I spent a few days last week on the phone to a friend who was going through a rough time until it was time for me to go to work. I know what it is like sitting in silence and wanting to talk but just can't. I don't want anyone to feel that way

🦋