What makes anyone think that this hasn't already happened?

William J Casey was the Director of the CIA from 1981-1987. Disinformation and propaganda is a proven way to control populations. The only problem is how does anyone actually know if the facts they have decided to believe are actually true or have they been manipulated.

In my opinion, if you think you know, you are probably wrong.

Image for post What makes anyone think that this hasn't already happened?
Will_Janitors avatar
13 14

I totally agree. If you're a person who believes people can be (and are) brainwashed and also believes you're somehow immune to brainwashing.. you need to take a closer look in the mirror.

@2607054

If that's the case, why would anyone get passionate about any cause or ideology presented by either party of the government or believe any spin from any media organization? It's one of the many reasons I don't respond to political polls anymore. In my opinion, no one knows what the facts are no matter where they got their information from.

@2607105

I agree on always questioning, but that's not what I see happening. I see blind faith in anything that sounds good. It is truly pathetic.

@2607115

Good VS Evil, and Love VS Hate are great ideals with a crap load of increments in between.

Peace would be worth fighting for if anyone really knew who to fight and why that would bring peace.

Think about who you think are the bad guys and where you got that information and opinion. That's where the questions should start. JMHO.

I'm pretty sure it already happened. Being in large or small doses.

Good point.