JackForbess avatar
5 14

Dying is part of life. Whether we are educated or not, doesn't make any difference. I see nothing wrong with our quality of life.

@StarzAbove Dying is part of life. Whether we are educated or not, doesn't make any difference. I see nothing wrong with...

I am talking about dying prematurely. Death by natural causes is normal, but unnatural deaths are increasing.

JackForbess avatar JackForbes Are there cookies to win?๐Ÿช +1Reply

The purpose of education is to improve the quality of your own life, be it financially or in the satisfaction you get in what you do. The myth that others are here to improve your standard of living or support your lifestyle, is just a myth. Everyone starts off in life with the chance to get an education. Poor choices and bad decisions that prevent someone from doing so, are not the fault of anyone except those who make those decisions. There is also the reality that people are not equal and should stop saying they are. Some people are born with certain abilities, be it intellectual or physical. People who like to claim that they are equal, doesn't make it so.

@JustJimColo The purpose of education is to improve the quality of your own life, be it financially or in the satisfaction you...

Has upbringing got nothing to do with how one's mind and attitudes develop? Which brings us into the nature/nurture debate. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

@JackForbes Has upbringing got nothing to do with how one's mind and attitudes develop? Which brings us into the nature/nurture...

I don't think the nature/nurture argument has the impact it once did. With the coming of computers and the Internet, everyone is exposed to what is out there in the world today. Kids at a very young age today, understand and know what is acceptable/positive behavior and actions. They also know what the bad choices they make are, and should be held accountable and responsible for their actions. The days of, "I was raised that way.", simply don't fly. While some of this negative behavior is reinforced by some adults, there comes a point in everyone's life when they need to "man up", and change, or accept the consequences of their actions and decisions.

More people are dying as compared to when?

I can't think of another time in all of history where life expectancy is as long as it is today.

The same is true with regarding quality of life.

Yes there is death, disease, poverty, etc...but compared to the Middle Ages?

Third option is 'As our knowledge increases, so too does our ignorance!'

There was a time, people were lucky to live about half the time people are living now and you could possibly die from things, that are now cured with otc medicines..

Education isn't for everyone and lots of idiots die from doing stupid things..

I am just here cause I heard there was cookies hehe smilie

Lil_Princesss avatar Lil_Princess Are there cookies to win?๐Ÿช 0Reply
Anonymous