JerryHendricksons avatar Music
6 23

You should be proud! clap smilie

@2609585

Well, he's better than I am but I'm close. Not everyone can be the greatest. Mike Portnoy from Dream Theatre gives him a run for his money. Both play songs that I can't but I think that maybe there are a few thing I can do behind the kit that they can't. For one, I'm an accomplished singer. They've got me beat on the drums though. If I could make drumming be my job and not have to worry about anything else, I'd be the freaking man and don't even get me started on what happens to my drum solo after I smoke weed.

Amazing! You have this talent to hand down to future generations.

@Sukiesnow Amazing! You have this talent to hand down to future generations.

My kids didn't want to drum for some reason. My daughter is a singer/guitarist/keyboard player and my son just never became musical.

@2609786

Really cool story, especially that he was so young and had natural ability. When I was 4 my momma asked me if I wanted to take guitar lessons and I informed her that I wanted to be a drummer, so I started at 4 and just like your son, it came easy.

Congratulations my friend. 乂º◡º乂

Adas avatar Ada Agree +3Reply
@Ada Congratulations my friend. 乂º◡º乂

Ada lives in the land of IRON MAIDEN! I know most of their songs and my style is greatly influenced by them. Rush is just a step above when it comes to skill level.

Well done

Cool!

@2609762

He stopped playing?

Wow you are a great drummer!! You should be really proud of what you've recorded here, and thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed listening, very tight, nice work!! :)

@OzSurfer Wow you are a great drummer!! You should be really proud of what you've recorded here, and thanks for sharing, I...

I didn't record that! That's Rush! I learned their song on the drums. I wish I were in a band so great.

@JerryHendrickson I didn't record that! That's Rush! I learned their song on the drums. I wish I were in a band so great.

Oh ok i see, sorry i'm on my phone and trying to get a full grasp of a post can be a bit tricky sometimes. But I have heard you play before and you are great, I know you could do this song justice :)

@OzSurfer Oh ok i see, sorry i'm on my phone and trying to get a full grasp of a post can be a bit tricky sometimes. But I...

It took me a week. Just focusing on one song. That's how good Rush is. So when I nailed it it was exciting and I had to let people know!

@JerryHendrickson It took me a week. Just focusing on one song. That's how good Rush is. So when I nailed it it was exciting and I...

That's great, I'm pleased you did! It's a rush (no pun intended) when you nail a difficult piece of music and get it to sound the way you had hoped.

Anonymous