+2

We need new punctuation. Something between a Statement and a Question.** Something between a ". and a ?"

There is a subtle pause between a statement and a question, where a sentence is not quite a statement...but not quite yet a question... A half question? An ambiguous pause. And, Everything is undergoing renovation these days...why not the English language? It's full of awkwardness.... And it will give ppl who haven't mastered the original, another chance, or they won't get that either...to bad, so sad.

Image for post **We need new punctuation.** Something between a Statement and a Question.** //Something between a ". and a ?"//
Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
7 9

Do you mean like this "¿?¿?¿" xp smilie jk

I usually just use a few dots then stare awkwardly........乂ᵒ ₒᴼ乂

Adas avatar Ada Agree +5Reply

Something like this,

Nobody gets it...sad smilie

@Sukiesnow Nobody gets it...

I get it. You want a way to punctuate a phrase that's neither a hard statement nor a definite question, but ends in an ambiguous pause. That's why I suggested ending with a comma. Not a perfect solution, but it does kind of convey that vibe, at least to me.

@Maze I get it. You want a way to punctuate a phrase that's neither a hard statement nor a definite question, but ends in...

I was thinking of more of a soft question mark...perhaps an upside down question mark...as Zolfie suggested.

But there is certainly a place for the comma.

I would screw the new up on purpose just to piss off grammar Nazi people...biggrin smilie

If they are gonna be an ass online...least want them to have a good reason

🦋