...a regular WASP show and suddenly there is a man in a turban. What does that say to you?

Does it mean to you it's a normal guy just wearing a turban? Or other... It could go to show that you, too, are a product of your environment...and your only saving grace is being aware of it....

Image for post **...a regular WASP show and suddenly there is a man in a turban.** //What does that say to you?//
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
6 28
@2611304

Gee. I guess NO-ONE on Amirite understands the common terminology of WASP. White Anglo Saxon Protestant... Which is kinda what you are...and most of AMirite.

@2611304

That's all i could think of.

That's the only WASP i know besides the ones that sting the crap out of you..

Normal guy?

Just a guy in a turban, and why would anyone want to wear such a hot thing on their head.

wikipedia:
A turban (from Persian دولبند‌, dulband; via Middle French turbant) is a type of headwear based on cloth winding. Featuring many variations, it is worn as customary headwear by men of various countries.[1] Communities with prominent turban-wearing traditions can be found in the Indian Subcontinent, Afghanistan, South Asia, the Arabian Peninsula, the Middle East, the Near East, Central Asia, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, the Sahel, and parts of the Swahili Coast.[disputed – discuss]
Sayyid Muhammad Rizvi, a Shia Islamic scholar, wearing a turban

Wearing turbans is common among Sikhs, including women,.[2] The headgear also serves as a religious observance, including among Shia Muslims, who regard turban-wearing as Sunnah Mu'akkadah (confirmed tradition).[3]

Additionally, turbans have often been worn by nobility, regardless of religious background. They are also sometimes donned to protect hair or as a headwrap for women following cancer treatments.[4]
[END QUOTE]

If you see a turban in USA, it is almost certainly worn by a Sikh, which is either an ethnic group or a religion, both from India.

Now suppose you explain WTF a "regular WASP show" is.

@Sukiesnow Not everyone is Jewish.

Well, george was greek. Not sure about elaine and kramer.

@Carla Well, george was greek. Not sure about elaine and kramer.

Well, Elaine wasn't Jewish because she was an outspoken feminist and Kramer was just an insane person who should have been institutionalized.

I think the show is trying to be politically correct. I find it distracting.😊

Doesn't faze me at all. There were several Sikhs at the place where I worked, so I became aware of who the towelheads were.

It just means they hired a guy with a turban...is it supposed to mean something else to me. hmm smilie

Sorry I don't get worked up over that stuff. I see at least 30 truck drivers come in to the warehouse where I work in turbans...doesn't mean shit to me except things are getting out of the warehouse.

🦋

What is a WASP show...and why should i be/or not be concerned if someone is wearing a turbine to it?

@DandyDon What is a WASP show...and why should i be/or not be concerned if someone is wearing a turbine to it?

I don't care about concern...I just want to know how your thoughts shift when you see someone in a turban or burka.

@Sukiesnow I don't care about concern...I just want to know how your thoughts shift when you see someone in a turban or burka.

I rarely see anyone wearing a turban or burka..

So yea, my thoughts would shift to...

"That persons wearing a turban/burka"..