+1

The POTD should be picked from a good post that needs help. Not one that already has about 20 comments. Many decent posts are being overlooked.

And please don't say: well YOU pick the posts...since it is really up to the Super mods...and people always forget to nominate posts, anyway... Hey...most people forget to FAVOURITE posts...or upVote and upLove posts...so how can you expect them to remember to vote for Features or POTD. Mods should pick posts from ALL POSTS...and only the good ones (posts) should be chosen... I don't care about giving everyone a chance...I only think a POTD should be a good post...more often than not they have been much lacking.

Image for post **The POTD should be picked from a good post that needs help. Not one that already has about 20 comments.** //Many decent posts are being overlooked.//
Sukiesnows avatar Religion
4 18

I dont know sukie.
I kind of think the post of the day, should be a post from the previous day.
Chosen for content, not numbers.

@Carla I dont know sukie. I kind of think the post of the day, should be a post from the previous day. Chosen for content...

Yes...I agree also...but my point is that good posts without many commenters can slide through the system without any consideration. They are often written off due to a lack of commenters...which can be blamed on various reasons. One can be the time of day when many posters are on...and another can be if someone inundates Justin with Posts....
This is one reason why we like to keep posts on Justin down to 3 per person. This allows other posters to gain some attention for their posts.

@2611716

We've always said that...and there could also be an extra column for Questions like there is for Opinions... Questions get a short shrift on Justin... One pass through and they are done.

I honestly haven't seen anything wrong with the recent POTD. Just because I might not personally like a topic doesn't mean the rest of the users share my views.

🦋

I've never paid attention to "scores" on an opinion site. It doesn't mean anything at all. It's just a reflection on how many "friends" you have that up-vote anything you say. Look at the HOF. It's the same people every day. It has little to do with what a person say, but it has everything to do with how many people you can get to click on it. I've never understood why some are obsessed with getting "likes", be it here or other sites like FB.

@JustJimColo I've never paid attention to "scores" on an opinion site. It doesn't mean anything at all. It's just a reflection...

It's more about attention paid to a post... If you wrote a memo and no one read it...what would be the point?

@Sukiesnow It's more about attention paid to a post... If you wrote a memo and no one read it...what would be the point?

If someone who has made 5 posts, total, and has three followers gets seven comments, and another person posts who has posted 2,000 posts and has 120 followers gets 30 comments, what does that say about which post was a better post? Nothing at all. The number of people who read a post, has nothing to do with the quality of it.
I doubt if more than a handful of people on this site have read the US Constitution in it's whole, but probably about everyone has read a comic book. If a person judged the quality of the two based on the number who read it, the comic book wins.

Everyone can read any post on here, unless they are blocked.

@JustJimColo If someone who has made 5 posts, total, and has three followers gets seven comments, and another person posts who...

Good argument, Jimbo...

The more people that get to see a post the better... Most people go to Justin to see posts...so it's best to get exposure on there... But yes...it really doesn't have much to do with Followers...

@Sukiesnow Good argument, Jimbo... The more people that get to see a post the better... Most people go to Justin to see...

Now and then I'll come across a great post by someone I've never heard of. Giving them the post of the day might give them more exposure.

@JustJimColo Now and then I'll come across a great post by someone I've never heard of. Giving them the post of the day might...

I agree! And it really helps if you only get 3 comments...

People who pick POTDs have different judgments... They like to pick everyone...in rotation...and that's good, too of course but some people don't need more attention...altho a good post always does.

It's also true that if you are the one who picks the POTD...your perception of a good post might change...and be different from someone looking on...

POTD picks should be collaborated on by at least 3 people...

@Sukiesnow I agree! And it really helps if you only get 3 comments... People who pick POTDs have different judgments... They...

Or have a criteria for it. What sets it apart from the other posts? What influence did it have? How was it different and thought provoking?

Anonymous