+7

It's a really dangerous messed up country you live in when the cops fire at every fucking thing they see and then get away with it. It's not only a mockery of justice and law and order, but total utter MADNESS.

What happened to that girl in Minnesota was INEXCUSABLE, The cops should be arrested and imprisoned for having their body cams off ALONE let alone anything else.

Image for post It's a really dangerous messed up country you live in when the cops fire at every fucking thing they see and then get away with it. It's not only a mockery of justice and law and order, but total utter MADNESS.
TomboyJanets avatar Law
6 27

Poor screening, poorer training.

And let's just follow this.
A black somali cop, shooting a white woman. For no reason.
Just recently, a white cop shot a black motorist, for no reason. Found not guilty of any wrongdoing.

Same city....i am curious how this will turn out on the legal front.

@2612716

You mean with australia?
Maybe.
But i doubt the public were descern that.
And who could fault them.

@2612723

Yes, i dont blame them. But justice for this woman will likely do more than raise eyebrows.

@2612818

Yes it does.

I am very very afraid when I pass a cop or report even an accident. This should not be.

Let's face it, while some cops are heroes, many cops are HORRIBLE manipulative villains given free reign forever.

@SmartAZ Get some actual facts, ok? https://fee.org/search?q=cops

You can't paint every cop with the same brush, that would be like saying all men are cheaters, or all women are models.

There are good cops, and I know them....get some actual facts, yourself, OK?

@StarzAbove You can't paint every cop with the same brush, that would be like saying all men are cheaters, or all women are...

You can read the same news stories I read. Just stop spewing this "bad apples" bullshit. We are talking about uniformed murderers, and one is too many.

@2612934

Fact: police take an oath swearing to enforce the wishes of the legislature.
Fact: There is no law requiring them to attempt to protect anybody else.
Fact: RICO

BTW, you are the one who said "bad apples". If you want to retract that statement, ok, but don't try to pretend that I said it first.

@2612984

Wrong. Police are sworn to uphold the law and nothing more. Courts have consistently ruled that police have no responsibility to protect anybody but themselves.

And since you can not keep track of what you have and have not said, I withdraw from this discussion.

@Will_Janitor You consider that shit facts?

y smilie I don't believe everything I read do you? Of course, there are bad cops, we all know that....but there are just as many good cops too.

@StarzAbove I don't believe everything I read do you? Of course, there are bad cops, we all know that....but there are...

A person can go into law enforcement full of good intentions. But....without the proper training, any well intentioned cop can do bad things.

And then there are the persons that go into law enforcement because they have a desire to have what they percieve as power.

Proper screening and training would reveal many of those.

Either way, it makes for alot of rotten fruit.

My mother retired from a small police department. She dispatched for 15 years. Most of the officers there were teenage girl chasing idiots.

@2613049

Im sorry you lost a friend.
Cops, no doubt, deal with the darkest aspects of humankind. I would never become one. But, starz, we do see it. Maybe not up close and still wet. But, i know what evils lurk.
I have a hunch that your friend had more demons he had to deal with than you know.

The shooting occurred as two Minneapolis police officers were responding to a 911 call of a possible assault shortly before 11 p.m.

As the police drove down an alley, they were startled by a loud sound near the squad car. Immediately afterward, Ruszczyk approached the driver's side window and one of the police officers fired his weapon, striking Ruszczyk through the driver's side window.

Maybe startling officers in a police car in the middle of the night is a bad idea.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@2612830

I suspect that may be true.

If you are looking for a suspect in the immediate area and startled by a loud sound near the squad car, you may have a hair trigger.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@Budwick The shooting occurred as two Minneapolis police officers were responding to a 911 call of a possible assault...

Maybe they shouldn't shoot at everything that makes them jump. If I did that I'd have killed all my friends by now. Don't these assholes have stunguns? if not why not? Why is lethal force THE ONLY OPTION they EVER choose? It's sick. Our obsession with shooting anything. Their guns like little baby safety blankets keeping them warm. It's deranged, and anyone defending it is equally insane.

Imagine the reverse? If a cop startled me and I shot him. Oh there would be hell to pay!! Cop Killer!! They'd shout. "Blue Lives Matter" the cops and their supporters would whine. But the other way around? oh it's ok he was just startled that makes it all alright, a life of a non-cop isn't all that essential after all....

yeah you scare me so that makes it ok for me to kill you? give me a break. cops should be trained better then to shoot at anything that frightens them

@Anonymousmouse yeah you scare me so that makes it ok for me to kill you? give me a break. cops should be trained better then to...

Of course that is not what I said - you're simply locked and loaded for anything other than "police bad".

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply

If this cop shot because a loud noise startled him, I'd say that he was lucky he didn't shot the cop driver because the bullet went right past him. There is much more to this story especially since it took too much time to even hear the story. The woman's family is owed a reasonable explanation and the cop should be barred from ever being a cop again. He is unfit in light of what is coming out.