+5

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth growing old

IT sounds horrible, pain all the time, slowly losing your mind. Is there ANYTHING good at all to reward us for a life of toil? Life just seems like an idiot plot

Image for post Sometimes I wonder if it's worth growing old
TomboyJanets avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
6 22

I'm old and happy .... still enjoying life.

@JanHaskell I'm old and happy .... still enjoying life.

As my 20s draw to a close, I realize I'm still not done being 17. What the hell is nature's hurry? Why can't I just be me and not have to "act my age?"

@2613435

All these lines on my face its like only going to get worse right? so imagine how much I'm gonna freak out....I don't even want to think about it. It's making me sick right now. four more months left in my 20s.... this is too fast

It is worth it.

It's no worse than the emotional pain you seem to suffer day to day.

We don't all lose our minds. [I do feel badly for those that have. If they were a dog, we would show more mercy!]

If one has found things they enjoy throughout their life, they can enjoy those things later in life as well.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +6Reply

Considering the alternative, I'll put up with a few aches and pains. Find the things you enjoy and focus on them instead of the crappy side of life. There's a lot to be thankful for.

@ozzyboy Considering the alternative, I'll put up with a few aches and pains. Find the things you enjoy and focus on them...

I don't know. It could be so easy to just slip away and never have to see myself wrinkled. But I'm not done with my shit here yet. Maybe I'll just wear a mask

@TomboyJanet I don't know. It could be so easy to just slip away and never have to see myself wrinkled. But I'm not done with my...

We all age, wrinkles are badges of honor - I have plenty of them. My mother's mother slipped away and the legacy she left has damaged generations.
Life isn't easy but it is worth living. Don't damage those who love you.

@2613833

I done that once & I was only 17 hehe smilie

I just tend to grow younger, kind of solves that particular problem.

As we age, we grow in a lot more ways than just "old". A popular phrase is, "If I only knew when I was young, what I know now." You can only acquire the wisdom of age, by age itself.

Getting old is not that bad. Before I hit 30, I used to have trouble getting out of bed. It took 30-45 minutes every morning before I was capable of walking. I went threw a spell where I couldn't remember what I said 5 minutes ago but I could remember 10 years before that. I suffered from horrible pains in my arm & unbelievable headaches.

So after experiencing some of those moments getting old doesn't bother me a bit

I used to think of that and honestly, I would of commited sucidie a few years ago. Thank goodness now that I have a purpose to live on for a tomboy whose makes my life feel alive. Without her, I wouldn't been able to write out this sentence on this media site.

You may lose the freedom of your body, but you gain a freedom of "not giving a damn about what people think," and that gives you license for a lot of fun. You don't grow old inside.

Sure it is...The other option is not acceptable...even tho inevitable.