+10

My Disillusionment with humanity has hit an all time high this year. We've been seeing the same crap on a loop in the news every month with different minor details. Everyone is so predictable now yet we all pretend we're so revolutionary. Whoever writes the script of reality is out of ideas and it's jumped the shark long ago.

Another cop murders an innocent, then goes free in the name of "Blue lives matter". Another crap healthcare plan rejected. Another powerful man takes advantage of women in lesser positions, another shooting somewhere public, The Rich are still getting richer and the poor are still staying where we are. Gas prices go way up, then they go down a bit and the gas companies act like they're doing us a big favor. More Nuclear plants close, another popular product explodes, another car fails inspections, another aging celebrity dies, another iconic company goes out of business. Another celebrity arrested for something weird, and another TV show thinks it's pushing boundaries and it isn't. Then they have some weird guy come on after the news and rant and rave about minor things nobody cares about like the doorknobs in Manhattan are too weird shaped.

Life is a script written by a piss poor author who's completely out of ideas.

Image for post My Disillusionment with humanity has hit an all time high this year. We've been seeing the same crap on a loop in the news every month with different minor details. Everyone is so predictable now yet we all pretend we're so revolutionary.  Whoever writes the script of reality is out of ideas and it's jumped the shark long ago.
TomboyJanets avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
6 13

Turn off the television, janet. It is all noise. Surround yourself with people you care about. Enjoy your time. Find beautiful places. Do something good, volunteering at a soup kitchen does wonders for the attitude. Even if it is only once in a while.

Hug someone.

Janet, life is not scripted. YOU are in control of your life - no one else. Good and bad things happen everyday. They always have, they always will. What YOU do with YOUR time, is up to you. You can make something good happen. You can make something bad happen. Or, you can sit back and watch everyone else and complain.

@2613349

He did the same to me, one day friends, next day blocked. Guess guys like that can't stand strong women.

@2613340

He's just a jerk, don't give him a second thought....

That must be the reason I am not always sitting at my tv when the news should be on. I do want to know what is going on in the world, but yes it is never new. That police shooting a woman who called 911 was pretty bad. I am glad to be living in a place I usually know the police officers and they aren't so inclined to shoot anyone ever.

Sometimes, it is all about lowering your expectations.

Anonymous