JessicaBathursts avatar Music
10 26

It's horrible. First Chris Cornell and now Chester Bennington.

So very sad ... the loss of another young life.

I grew up listening to LP. I could recognise Chester's voice anywhere. It's pure nostalgia to me.

I knew he had some issues, he was always open about it. To see things go this way....cry smiliecry smilie

RIP Chester l smilie

I've never been a fan of Linkin Park but it's still very sad to hear Jessica.
乂º︵º乂

These young suicides are beyond my ability to understand. My condolences to his family and friends. :(

Met the guy once in person. Silly sod didn't seem suicidal, but we rarely do. Nasty crap, death by hanging. Literally, as the gases escape from the open end. Didn't work out for me, either way, although the gravity did its job. I'm just waiting for a peaceful death by a poisonous papercut. Then again, when it comes to nasty, Kurt Cobain really knew how to end his days.

What is the deal with these alternative rock singers all committing suicide? Remind me to never be one.

I find it hard to gin up compassion for suicide people. Especially for ones with the resources to get help. He's spoken of suicide before - hello? Family? Friends?

A very sad waste, very sad.

@2613968

No one asked for my compassion? I think several other users would disagree - and they did in fact offer their condolences.

I know my blunt honesty is sometimes seen as ass-holiness. But, it's the same scenario over and over. Somebody rich and famous with dark emotions turns to something like drugs or alcohol to hide the pain of their feelings. They speak of suicide, maybe even fail a time or two. Family and friends do nothing and the person finally completes the mission. Why didn't they do something before he killed himself? Why didn't they help with the drugs and alcohol? I don't know, but I suspect that in many cases it was for fear of upsetting the gravy train.

I have no idea what demons were bothering Chester. He had been troubled for a while. Tried to kill himself a couple times before. Why the hell don't people close to troubled people like that do something to get him back on track? Why didn't fans unanimously say - 'Chester, we love you, take some time off and get your brain fixed. We'll wait for you!' But, nothing like that ever happens. Instead, close friends and family are interviewed by TMZ wearing sunglasses and expressing how sad they are and fans post RIP on posts like this.

But, I'm the ass hole.

@Budwick I find it hard to gin up compassion for suicide people. Especially for ones with the resources to get help. He's...

Bud...I lost my dad to suicide which is something I don't share often. In fact I kept it a secret for 10 long years before I broke the silence. You have no idea what goes on in a persons mind. My dad felt he was huge burden. I was with my dad the day he killed himself. When I left his house he had a look like he was saying good bye forever and that is just what he did.

My dad had an unbelievable sense of humor and so much compassion for friends and stranger. People would sit and talk to him for hours and he saved a lot of lives. I used to look at suicide like you until it hit home for real.

When depression hits you don't think of friends and family, you feel alone in the world. You swear nobody understands.I know because I have almost ended my own life before because that is how I felt.

@Lil_Princess Bud...I lost my dad to suicide which is something I don't share often. In fact I kept it a secret for 10 long...

I'm sorry for your loss Princess. I truly am.

It's true, I had know idea what went on in Chester's mind or your father's. You apparently knew he thought that he was a big burden. Chester's family and friends knew he was suicidal. As little as I know about Chester's situation, I know even less about your fathers. Maybe there were signs of trouble in your father's case, maybe not. Maybe there was something family could have done, I don't know. In Chester's case, everyone knew he had problems and no one did anything to help.

I am so glad that the darkness didn't win your life. You found the inner strength to fight back and ultimately win. I am happy to celebrate that kind of victory - it's huge! I don't know why that victories such as yours are largely unnoticed. In fact, often swept under the rug. But people with gumption and courage do win - just like you did and sadly gets less attention than someone like Chester that lost.

It seems backwards to me. Congratulations Princess!

@Budwick I'm sorry for your loss Princess. I truly am. It's true, I had know idea what went on in Chester's mind or your...

Thank ya.

I didn't know how badly depressed my dad was until afterwards. He always had a joke to tell, a person to make laugh, a smile on his face. Up until that last day he hid it very well. That last day there really wasn't a smile, or a joke, he was very quite. He sat in his room playing his video game with my girls. Not a day goes by I don't regret not pushing him to tell me what was wrong. I asked a few times but he said he tired.

It has been a huge battle for the last 25 years. I tend to hide my pain from the world and often the victories that I do manage to accomplish.

Princess - I told Mrs. Budwick about this conversation at dinner last night. I was informed that my responses in this thread are insensitive, that it might have been better, given my feelings on the subject, to have not said anything.

Well, there's nothing I can do about that - I mean, you can't un-ring a bell. Even if I were to delete my comments - the comments have already inflicted negative feelings in you and Semple - maybe others. All I can do is apologize Princess - for being insensitive on a sensitive topic.

I wish you well.

My heart goes out to his family and friends.

May he rest in peace.

🦋