Do You Know This Dweeb Of The 70's

William Henry Gates II didn’t know it when he was young, but he would forever change the way technology was seen in the world and become one of the richest men to ever live on planet Earth.

Bill Story did not begin as many billionaire stories do. His parents were very wealthy; his father was a lawyer and his mother was a director for First Interstate Banc System. When he was thirteen, he attended a private prep school, where his love for programming emerged.

In 1970, Bill and three of his classmates were hired to write payroll programs for Information Sciences Inc. He went on to write computer programs for his school, to help schedule students in classes. Gates would go on to drop out of school after two years, a habit we’ve noticed among many millionaires and billionaires.

After he had taken a leave of absence from Harvard, Gates would then take the steps necessary to begin his own company with his partner in crime, Paul Allen. Because of Microsoft’s initial success, Bill never returned to Harvard to finish his degree.

Did you get it right?

Image for post Do You Know This Dweeb Of The 70's
0% John Denver 82% Bill Gates 0% John Voight 18% Other
Budwicks avatar Life
6 11

I got it right only because his legs were so long. Denver was't very tall. Ha!

Will_Janitors avatar Will_Janitor Bill Gates +3Reply

I think that picture is a reflection of what many of us looked like in the 70's. The bike, the hair and the clothes.

Dang! You got shocks, pegs... lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps? Guessed it right.

Is it me?

He seems well-balanced for a serious biker.

Yeah. The other two were older than me, and i was a teenager in the 70's

Carlas avatar Carla Bill Gates +1Reply

I was just fascinated by the bike hehe smilie