What does the state you grew up in say about you?

All I can say is that New Jersey was pretty accurate. Sorry there isn't an option for the Canucks, the UK, Europe, or the Aussies. If I missed anybody, my apologies on behalf of MSM. :)

What the State You Grew Up In Says About YouEvery state has its own distinctive culture and traditions.http://www.countryliving.com/life/g4580/signs-you-grew-up-american/#image=31
Will_Janitors avatar Jokes & Humour
8 19

New Jersey:

•You go "down the shore," not "to the beach".

•You've never really learned how to pump your own gas.

•Breakfast isn't complete without pork roll or Taylor ham.

California

•You didn't know there was such a thing as "seasonal produce."

•You'd never use the words Cali or Frisco (or worse, San Fran).

•Earthquakes below a 5.0 on the Richter Scale barely phase you.

@2615362

What she said.

Indiana

•You made your pick long ago: Hoosier or Boilermaker.

•You wouldn't dare order anything at the state fair that wasn't deep fried.

•You believe pork tenderloin and sugar cream pie taste like home.

I didn't grow up in one state or place, but I did spend a chunk of my childhood, and later life now, in this one..

Florida

•You don't notice sweat.

•You dread bug season but you don't mind when a lizard gets indoors.

•You know a good parking spot involves shade, not proximity.

True for Texas - you don't put beans in chili, and football isn't a sport - it's a lifestyle.

The province - Ontario - I grew up in...says we are self-reliant self-empowered people...and when all fails there is always Nature and Farming to go back to.

Sounds like a fun thing to try, but I grew up in Wisconsin and this is one of those articles with lots of ads and I have to page alphabetically to Wisconsin? I'm not young enough for that.

If anyone else is looking a W or beyond - I would like to know what they say.

@Budwick Sounds like a fun thing to try, but I grew up in Wisconsin and this is one of those articles with lots of ads and I...

Being that I have lived here for the last 23 years, I can say that this is pretty accurate also. :)

Wisconsin

•Traveling coast to coast means going from LaCrosse to Milwaukee.

•You drink from a bubbler.

•You know how to pronounce "brats" properly.

@Will_Janitor Being that I have lived here for the last 23 years, I can say that this is pretty accurate also...

Thanks Will! I love those descriptions!
I heard that folks in Wisconsin and Michigan are the only ones that call it a bubbler! Is that whack, or what?

I spent my youth in Mequon, went to Homestead High school. Are you anywhere around there?

@Will_Janitor About an hour Northwest of there. :)

I know the general area. My sister went to Ripon College. I've played in Green Lake. Lots of good memories and great people!