-1

Jerry in Wasp combat gear.

I had to do battle with some wasps that decided they were going to live in between the walls of one of my properties and make loud buzzing noises ; thereby, terrifying my tenants. Had to share the crazy suit pic. Tyvek suit, kitchen gloves , leather boots, and a motorcycle helmet with a see through mesh all duct taped together. Very hot in that thing. Did battle for an hour.

Image for post Jerry in Wasp combat gear.
JerryHendricksons avatar Politics
9 13
@2615538

I'm with ya man. I was a house painter for quite a few years. I became deadly to flying insects with my baseball cap. So, I left a list of things and instructions. I did not get stung and was being swarmed big time; I almost panicked a couple of times. There were multiple mud-wasp nests under the same 4 x 8 panel. Some of the wood had rotted and they could just go in and out as they chose.

"One of my properties"...Jerry...you are talented and also a man of means...

Wasps are mean.

@2615545

Well THERE'S another hairband that rocked. I should mentioned them on your hairband post.

Hans, get the flammenwerfer for Jerry, bitte.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Hans, get the flammenwerfer for Jerry, bitte.

A little German lingo there. I was stationed in Germany for a year in the early 80's. Good times.

@JerryHendrickson A little German lingo there. I was stationed in Germany for a year in the early 80's. Good times.

Good times? Are there really good times in being deployed because of a military conflict? What were you deployed for in the 80's? And what was your choice to battle these pests? Not the flamethrower I hope, or do I biggrin smilie

@Sunny_the_skeptic Good times? Are there really good times in being deployed because of a military conflict? What were you deployed...

It was just the cold war. I saw no combat and had many good times. I used wasp and hornet killer.

@JerryHendrickson It was just the cold war. I saw no combat and had many good times. I used wasp and hornet killer.

It must be awesome to have all that experience, I bet you tell good vet stories over a cold one.

Anonymous