+6

Ignorance runs in the family, it seems.

Image for post Ignorance runs in the family, it seems.
Mcflys avatar Politics
4 48

Seems as though the entire Trump family uses alternate facts....you think? lol

@StarzAbove Seems as though the entire Trump family uses alternate facts....you think? lol

I'm sure at this point, they believe 89 billion people attended the inauguration.

Mcflys avatar Mcfly Agree +5Reply
@Mcfly I'm sure at this point, they believe 89 billion people attended the inauguration.

lol Of course. I wonder if Sean Spicer....who lied about the number....will admit the truth now that Trump has thrown him under the bus. Trump is not loyal to anyone, wonder when he'll throw Sarah aside too because she isn't attractive enough. Or....Tillerson will quit, Sessions will hang on until Trump has to fire him. No loyalty at all from Trump, but Karma is just waiting to kick him the butt.

It obviously doesn't sound like the sort of thing a scientist would say, but the quote is widely attributed to Einstein. Here are some examples:

“If the facts don’t fit the theory, change the facts”

Einstein got that right – so did the acclaimed journalist Walter Lippman who said the news and the truth are not the same thing....
http://slabbed.org/2008/03/02/i...e-the-facts-2/

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." Albert Einstein
https://www.brainyquote.com/quo...ins136887.html

Einstein joked :

"If the facts don’t fit the theory, change the facts."

He was mocking fake scientists who tamper with data, like the ones in the US government which create fake temperature graphs.
https://stevengoddard.wordpress...nge-the-facts/

If the facts don’t fit the theory, change the facts.”
~Albert Einstein
http://quotes.wiki/if-the-facts...nge-the-facts/

"If the facts don’t fit the theory, change the facts"
The title of the lesson is an Einstein quote.
http://pulse.pharmacy.arizona.e...ics/facts.html

Incidentally, Ivanka shared that quote back in 2013.

@Maze It obviously doesn't sound like the sort of thing a scientist would say, but the quote is widely attributed to...

Einstein never said such thing; destroying your whole post. Even his estate had to step in to correct the Conservatives

https://www.usatoday.com/story/...say/504692001/

Have a good day! :) Try again next time.

@Mcfly Einstein never said such thing; destroying your whole post. Even his estate had to step in to correct the...

LOL - your link just goes after the 'quote.' Do a search and you'll find all kinds of links attributing the quote to Einstein. Most say he made the statement in jest while criticizing other scientists.

Seonags avatar Seonag Disagree +4Reply
@Seonag LOL - your link just goes after the 'quote.' Do a search and you'll find all kinds of links attributing the quote...

That quote can not be found in his work, uunlike other quotes attributed to other writers etc.

His very own estate even released a statement saying Einstein never said such a thing, and no phrase like it is in his worl, no was anything like it actually documented in terms of him saying it to a colleague.

Ergo, his estate corrected you conservative retards.

Mcflys avatar Mcfly Agree -1Reply
@Mcfly That quote can not be found in his work, uunlike other quotes attributed to other writers etc. His very own estate...

Down voted because of your name calling. Totally unnecessary when having a discussion. But sadly, that's how many Democrats, liberals, progressives prefer to have a discussion --- or lack of one!

Interesting that "Greenlight" is mentioned in all articles denying the quote (and they are all identical in content) as representative of the Estate of Einstein, NOT the Estate itself.

Greenlight is a 'branding' protection group and apparently is pushing the 'approved' publications. I'll note that most references state that this was a 'tongue in cheek' statement and very likely Einstein never thought to put it in 'writing' which is what "Greenlight" is pushing.

Seonags avatar Seonag Disagree 0Reply
@Maze They're teaching it in school, look at the last link I posted.

And the never teach it wrong in school?

HIS ESTATE, the people who know him best, are setting it straight LOL

So no, I'm not going to take some school's word over the people who actually knew him and have his own work.

Keep trying, you guys are only proving the whole point of this post!

@Mcfly And the never teach it wrong in school? HIS ESTATE, the people who know him best, are setting it straight LOL So...

You're accusing someone of being ignorant for sharing a quote that is taught in school? I've heard people say it's in their textbooks.

@Maze You're accusing someone of being ignorant for sharing a quote that is taught in school? I've heard people say it's...

Taught in that one school that she didn't even attend?

If she did ACTUAL research( like anyone who attends a G20 meeting should do), she'd quickly find out how wrong she is.

At the end of the day, the quote is not by Einstein.

Nice try :)

@Maze It certainly is.

I know right! God, how can she not do her research before talking to her sheep that almost certainly will not clap smilie

@Mcfly I know right! God, how can she not do her research before talking to her sheep that almost certainly will not

Yeah, she should have asked her Professor. No, wait...

It's so widely used, I bet Einstein actually said it. He may have been joking when he said it, but I'm pretty sure he said it. In fact, I bet he WROTE it. Probably in one of the 5 papers he published in 1905. Won't it be fun when weaponized autism gets a hold of that? I'm almost giddy with anticipation.

@Maze Yeah, she should have asked her Professor. No, wait... It's so widely used, I bet Einstein actually said it. He...

Einstein could have said anything (was anyone with him every moment cataloging his words :?) He was a pretty nutty guy, just look at his pictures, not a one of him looking scholarly or even normal. Crazy hair leads to crazy thoughts - believe me I know cause my hair is very crazy and so am i sometimes

That's the funny part...

THERE'S NO PROOF HE SAID IT. IT'S NOT IN HIS WRITINGS OF WHICH THEY HAVE BEEN KEPT.

That is how his estate knows.

But now I know how conservative thinking works; by lack of evidence... LOL

@Mcfly That's the funny part... THERE'S NO PROOF HE SAID IT. IT'S NOT IN HIS WRITINGS OF WHICH THEY HAVE BEEN KEPT. That...

There are about 739,000 references to that quote on google, some of the links on the first few pages are news stories about Ivanka Trump, but the majority are people using that quote and attributing it to Einstein. Now, I have no idea whether he said it or not, but it is WIDELY attributed to him, so it would be easy to believe he did say it. She probably looked through a quotations page, maybe remembered hearing the quote in school, so it seemed legit. When it comes to understandable errors, that's pretty easy to understand. And as I pointed out in my OP, she said it back in 2013, why is it suddenly an issue now?

@Maze There are about 739,000 references to that quote on google, some of the links on the first few pages are news...

So.......

No proof he said it?
Instead it's a "well, other r people said it so she shouldn't have to do her research even though she now sits in G20 meetings"?
LOL.

She said it again recently. Look at the date of her tweet.

You guys are hilarious, keep trying :)

Do a search and you'll find all kinds of links attributing the quote to Einstein. Most say he made the statement in jest while criticizing other scientists. And linking to anti-Trum USAToday as a 'fact' article is pure silly!

Seonags avatar Seonag Disagree +4Reply
@2616045

I expect someone who sat in G20 to do their research.

Mcflys avatar Mcfly Agree +2Reply

Why personally attack someone daughter because you don't like him? I know that, if face to face with me, some asshole made derogatory statement about my daughter, it's time to put up your dukes. This is low, even by your standards.

@2616170

Would he call the president's daughter ignorant to his face. No freakin way. I don't remember anyone going after Obama's daughters.

@2616080

Those little photos of yours mean nothing.
You DO realize that we know who the potus is, right?
You must have incredible fingertips. Because you have so little to hold on to.

@Carla Those little photos of yours mean nothing. You DO realize that we know who the potus is, right? You must have...

It's okay; Trump supporters have no idea of the difference between someone lying and someone running on misinformation

The above is an example.

Mcflys avatar Mcfly Agree +2Reply
@2616096

Actually I can never be Conservative:I know the difference between lying and being wrong :/

Mcflys avatar Mcfly Agree +2Reply
@2616104

Nope I was wrong. I thought I could, but it turns out, no.

Again, yall don't know the difference!

@2616107

And you don't know the difference between being wrong and lying.

It's okay!😂

@2616113

Of course!

She sat in G20. She was talking to her sheep online publically. Sheshould know better.

Also, I did the research and corrected myself when I realized I was wrong.

She didn't:)

@2616096

I can be conservative too:

*Makes no attempt to refute the other person**

See! :)

Mcflys avatar Mcfly Agree +1Reply

I don't know if it's ignorance or just that they share the same values. Pick your poison.

I'm sorry to hear you say that you have an ignorant family. I'll pray for you.

The parents teach the children what to believe, so yes.

Isn't changing facts a paradox? You can't change a fact because it is de facto truth.

Anonymous