doctorwho1011s avatar Politics
7 18

I've told this story before but it bears repeating. I had to have some lab work done and I casually asked what the bill would be if I paid that day. $145. I thought that sounded reasonable. It went through insurance and the bill skyrocketed to $751 of which there was a $350 deductible. This is how insurance co's screw the people. I would like to have only catastrophic insurance and take care of my annual visit myself. The hospitals have already told us that they charge such high costs to make up for the freebies they say they have to give out. Not sure I believe anything from hospitals or insurance companies these days.

ozzyboys avatar ozzyboy Repeal and replace with a GOP solution +3Reply
@ozzyboy I've told this story before but it bears repeating. I had to have some lab work done and I casually asked what the...

Insurance is supposed to spread the risk of a catastrophic expense, not get in the middle of every transaction. Plus, I like how you never know how much of an expense they'll cover until you submit the bill.

@PhilboydStudge Insurance is supposed to spread the risk of a catastrophic expense, not get in the middle of every transaction...

I agree with you. It's like buying a car and getting home then getting the bill.
Upfront pricing should be part of the healthcare bill.

ozzyboys avatar ozzyboy Repeal and replace with a GOP solution +1Reply

The ACA was doomed from the start. That's because the stakeholders (insurance companies) were involved in the bill. It provided health care insurance for many people who previously had none, but it didn't address why we pay so much more than other comparable countries on healthcare.

People don't need health insurance. They need healthcare. Insurance companies add to our costs. I would like to see a single-payer healthcare system. Yes, the government is evil and they screw up everything, but our current hodge-podge healthcare situation is worse!

We could go back to how it was prior to the ACA, but according to the Kaiser Family Foundation 27% of Americans have pre-existing conditions that would likely make them uninsurable.

http://www.kff.org/health-refor...or-to-the-aca/

Apparently congress secretly wants government healthcare - regardless of what bullshit they say while campaigning.

What should they do? How about come clean?

In the last 10 to 12 years i've used my health insurance once, about a year ago, for a trip to the emergency room.

What i had to pay out of my pocket was ridiculous and if i had known before hand it was going to be that much, i would've just broke out the peroxide and bandaids..

I eat more vegetables and always have bandaids and peroxide in stock..
Stay away from doctors... not my advice to anyone but that's what i do..

Politicians have the best healthcare coverage in the world.
That's all that matters and all that ever will matter..

@2616991

Yea, i paid for extra coverage for cancer policies, things like that..

When i went to the emergency room, i had an accident with a pneumatic brad nail gun..

It got my finger and it swole up..
I only went to the emergency because i didn't know if some wood or metal was in it.

To pour some crap on my hand, put a bandaid on it, make me wait for about an hour for x-ray results, cost me right under $2000..

They looked at my x-ray, told me nothing was in my finger where the nail got me but further down my finger was a small piece of metal, that must have been there for a long time..

I left, went home, got a razor knife and dug the piece of metal out of my hand.. myself..

@2617035

Think i'll start being my own doc.
Unless its life threatening.

@2617069

Yep.. next time a limb will have to be hanging on by just a tendon, otherwise peroxide and band aid..

That sounds reasonable...
If it doesn't clear up and i'm still alive...then i'll go to a doctor..