in honor of being a member for six years (holy wow), i'd like to #throwback to when this site wasn't blue and hella basic with normal "agree" and "disagree".

Korras avatar Language
6 28

Welcome back! I hope you will stick around and get to know us...

I really enjoy finding a gif that enhances what ever opinion I happen to be spouting. :)

@Will_Janitor I really enjoy finding a gif that enhances what ever opinion I happen to be spouting. :)

i literally just returned to the site not even an hour ago so i will not judge the gif usage but i will (mentally) call out someone for inappropiate gifing!

Im relatively new here, so this is all i know. I use an android. I cannot post gifs or links. Or, maybe i can, but dont know how. Not learning.

I have tried using my laptop, but wayyy too much on the page.

Welcome back:)

@Will_Janitor I haven't figured out how to do gifs or images on my cell either.

I can't post them or view them on mine. I use an iPhone but i think the browser blocks them for some reason. So when i have phone access only, it makes interacting with the site less of an experience.

@2617563

You're easy;)

Welcome back!

Welcome back Korra. And yeah. The site went super downhill. If I could, I'd say "Yeah, You Are!" to your post.

OK!

What does '#' mean? Seriously - I see it referenced a lot, and I don't get it.

Congrats on being here 6 years.

So, you like Agree / Disagree? Or not?

@Budwick OK! What does '#' mean? Seriously - I see it referenced a lot, and I don't get it. Congrats on being here 6...

it's my first visit in three years beye smilie

the pound sign (#) used to be associated with only numbers and it's just a general hashtag now?

i am quite sure it's twitter's fault and stuff. haha and the old site used to be you'd either agree or disagree and maybe comment. there weren't pictures or the like not until maybe 2012 or something.

@Korra it's my first visit in three years the pound sign (#) used to be associated with only numbers and it's just...

Interesting. I've been here a shorter time - it's all I've known.

So, how do you like it?

@Budwick Interesting. I've been here a shorter time - it's all I've known. So, how do you like it?

i'm a notorious lurker but seems a bit more cluttered given the addition of video/gif/photos. it doesn't line up properly in my eyes shrug

the blue is nice. very calming and pleasing to the eye even though too much is still happening on this site eyes smilie

@2617562

Yeah, I knew that much - I've never been able to understand the significance of it though. Like in this post the OP writes "#throwback". Is it like emphasis? And when people talk and say the words - "hashtag-this, hashtag - that" I don't get it.

@2617633

You need to tweet more hehe smilie

@2618150

Yes! I tweeted once, I'm still coming to terms with the fact that I probably wasted a second of many people's lives lol

@Budwick Yeah, I knew that much - I've never been able to understand the significance of it though. Like in this post...

As far as I know, it's meant to highlight keywords or topics in your message, and to make it easier for other people to find content related to those keywords / topics.

In Twitter, for example, every hashtag-something in the message becomes a link. If you click on it, you get a listing of all the tweets that employed that hashtag.

For example, if I were posting (say) tips for people learning English, I could use the hashtags #English #EnglishTips, so when anyone searches for those hashtags, my content would appear among the search results.

I guess that's the basic purpose. Anyway, people seem overuse it.

@2618152

lol. It is not that you're old. I think it's not so much about age. I also don't care so much about social networks.
I don't even have a Twitter account. And I rarely use my FB account.

@primeiro As far as I know, it's meant to highlight keywords or topics in your message, and to make it easier for other...

Thanks Primero! That is the most complete answer anyone has ever given me. I appreciate it.

So, it's a Twitter thing and utter nonsense in general conversation.

Thanks again!

@Budwick Thanks Primero! That is the most complete answer anyone has ever given me. I appreciate it. So, it's a Twitter...

You're welcome! I'm glad it was helpful. :)

Yes, pretty much a Twitter thing, but I forgot to add that the idea got copied over to other social networks (like Facebook, etc....).