Do you often interact with foreigners in your everyday life?

Do you often interact with people from other countries, whether it be online (by e-mail, social networks, etc.) or in person?

Image for post Do you often interact with foreigners in your everyday life?
71% Yes 29% No 0% Other
primeiros avatar Technology
12 52
@2618392

Online, it's happening right now, for both of us. :P :)

@2618383

Me too, practically everyday.

@2618388

That's good. For me there is an element of excitement, because it's not so common for me to contact foreigners in person.
Anyway, I personally meet at least one foreigner regularly (one person at work is from Portugal).
Online, it's practically everyday, because there are both friends and people from work that I don't personally meet but occasionally contact by e-mail. And then there's all the good people from Amirite. :P :)

Oh, and thanks for joining. :)

@2621675

Yup! :)
Yeah, it's sad.

@2621745

I still haven't browsed the site today, but yeah, that is annoying. :\ The amount of racism that still exists today is surprising.

@2621745

I'm all in for the idea that communicating with other people and other cultures is a powerful way of personal enrichment. To just block yourself from other cultures, refusing to try to relate to them because you're convinced yours is the best, or because you're afraid and see them as a menace, is to deny yourself some possibly very good sources of communication, friendship, enjoyment. satisfaction, personal growth, and so on. (by "you" I of course mean any person)

@2621760

Yes, that's true. Lack of social skills can be a factor. And then there is also the barrier of language.

@2618405

Thank you for joining. :)

It's not common to see foreigners in my area, but there is a hotel nearby, and there were a couple of times in which I saw foreigners there.

@2618391

Online, for me, it's practically everyday. In fact, it's happening right now. :P :)

Yes, I have neighbors from India who I'm friendly with.

Yes. I work for a company where the workers are 80 percent Latino and 20 percent American. Also my soon to be son in law is Puerto Rican.

🦋

Only on sites like this- unless the English count! I'm Welsh!hehe smilie

@ThePrinceofWales Only on sites like this- unless the English count! I'm Welsh!

Thank you for joining. :)

lol, United Kingdom is a bit confusing to me - on one hand, it's considered a country, but on the other hand it's comprised of 4 countries. :P

Yes.

@Masha Yes.

Thank you for joining. :)

Not so much anymore in person. I used to work with a lot of subcontractors from mexico.
My niece sponsored a foriegn exchange student from thialand this past school year. I saw her about weekly.
On here...i get to talk to people from all over. I dig that:)

@primeiro I dig it too (had to look this expression up, lol). Thank you for joining. :)

Your very welcome.

Thank you for taking the time to decipher my comment.

@Carla Your very welcome. Thank you for taking the time to decipher my comment.

lol. No problem! Your comment was really very understandable. It really wasn't a fault on your part. :)

I actually could understand what "I dig it" means from your comment. It's just that I'm not a native speaker, and I liked the expression, so I looked it up just to be sure that I could steal the expression and use it in my reply without sounding like a fool. :P :)

Lol, yup. Pretty much everyone here is a foreigner to me xD

Yes, although not as often as I used to. I'm out, but not retired.

And do I like it? Not really...but as long as everyone keeps to themselves, I can handle it.

@2621674

I guess they don't have to...but since I do...I expect that from others....

A Muslim woman was helpful yesterday in Walmart (yes I went to Walmart)...so that was nice...

Yes, of course, lol.
smile smilie
And if you open your eyes and your minds, you can find nice people everywhere ...

@2621786

lol. :P Thank you for joining. :)

Anonymous