+6

For the most part...is there a point in going to see a movie? You can watch it later...amirite?

Other than the usual arguments...it's nice watching on a big screen...it's something to do on a date...still...is the price today worth it? I have a feeling movies are going to go by the way side...other than a place to take the kids....

Image for post **For the most part...is there a point in going to see a movie?** //You can watch it later...amirite?//
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
5 15

We go just once in a while.
There is really something to be said about the big screen.

And....
They have been talking about the demise of theaters since vhs.

Although I don't go to the movies often, I do enjoy it.

Like trooper said, it's an experience. It gets you out of the house. Kind of like going somewhere to have a beer, when you could have just bought a six pack (a lot cheaper) and drank it at home.

Yeah but being one of the first people to watch it is exciting. Especially with friends or family.

I can do that but at the same time it won´t be the same experience at all. Now it also depends on the movie and how good it is.

It's not cheap but it's nice. It's a lot better watching a giant screen rather than my laptop's screen. But damn the popcorn and cola is so expensive, I paid more than half the ticket for a big popcorn and coke

@Sunny_the_skeptic It's not cheap but it's nice. It's a lot better watching a giant screen rather than my laptop's screen. But damn...

It's nice for somewhere to go on a date. I figure ppl in the cities go just because it's some place to go. No other reason.

@Sukiesnow It's nice for somewhere to go on a date. I figure ppl in the cities go just because it's some place to go. No other...

You have no idea how right you are, this was exactly the case. I went to see the new spider man movie with my girlfriend a week ago when she came to visit. We went there more because it's the movies rather than the actual movie itself.

No point for me...

My home theater is good enough and i'll most likely never watch that movie anyway..