+7

Food can be so tasteless; I feel like taking cardboard and frying it up with spices... Amirite?

I like strong flavours...pasta doesn't always do it for me...unless it's homemade and spiced up...and chicken? Ever eat chicken by itself...without skin? It tastes like tofu. Tofu...a food like chicken which also needs to be doctored... A burger needs additives while a steak stands pretty much alone.

Image for post **Food can be so tasteless; I feel like taking cardboard and frying it up with spices...** //Amirite?//
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
7 17

A Frey Bentos steak and Ale pie.Delicious.Image in content

See? My pic of pasta is such a turn-off. Slopped on with some generic tomato sauce no doubt...and someone felt like they had to add some parm at the end in order to somewhat save it.

Doesn't work for me; it's like eating cardboard... I'd rather have a salad.

I am so disenchanted with food this week. What to eat? What to eat?

@Lil_Princess I would eat the pasta in the pic

Really? But it's so bland...now if the pasta was homemade...I mean real homemade...not bought in the store homemade...and maybe egg pasta...I like that...

And the tomato sauce has to be homemade...natch...with many ingredients and beautiful flavours...

And that's just way too much food... I'd say...cut it in half and put a fresh salad on the other half...

@Sukiesnow Really? But it's so bland...now if the pasta was homemade...I mean real homemade...not bought in the store...

I ain't made homemade pasta in a long time. My dad and grandma taught me how to do it.

If you're talented you can make even the most generally bland meal quite tasty. Prime example since my parents are chefs, I REALLY hate tolostolob ( not sure how is it called in english it translates it to silver carp or something) the taste of the fish is very bland usually but my dad managed to make it taste fine.

@Sunny_the_skeptic If you're talented you can make even the most generally bland meal quite tasty. Prime example since my parents are...

Sunny! You should be worshipping at their feet and taking notes on everything they cook. Really...I cannot think of a better second career for you than that of Chef...

@Sukiesnow Sunny! You should be worshipping at their feet and taking notes on everything they cook. Really...I cannot think of...

Believe me I already do take notes, I'd be a fool not to learn what I can from my parents, I have already mastered a few of the dishes my parents taught me, I cook very well for a 22 year old who's barely learning the ropes of life. I have to really, I live all alone and I cant survive on store cooked food and noodles. I believe no one can cook chicken and mushrooms with creme as well as me :D I think it will be my signature dish.

@Sukiesnow Smart! So chicken can be dry and tasteless...what makes yours stand out?

Depends on how you cook it, if you use something for the chicken to soak up taking the flavor and the aroma as well as making it more moist, plus the creme is there to make things a lot more smooth.

Oh I love adding spices to food.

Wanna talk about cardboard.Try being told you have to remain on a low/no fat diet for the rest of your life. sad smilie

Yes I still eat my fried chicken then cry like a big baby cause my tummy hurts afterwards crs smilie

🦋

@Lil_Princess Oh I love adding spices to food. Wanna talk about cardboard.Try being told you have to remain on a low/no fat diet...

Yeah...the gallbladder procedure you had...

I know ppl who had that and their diet hasn't changed much...

@Sukiesnow Yeah...the gallbladder procedure you had... I know ppl who had that and their diet hasn't changed much...

I wasn't doing so great when I had mine out. With it & some other stuff i have to be careful on what I eat.