+2

Execution is a barbaric, unnecessary form of punishment for any crime If you think that anyone deserves to die or you find peace in the loss of a life you have just as evil intentions as said criminal. Life imprisonment seems like the most justified punishment for a murderer. An entire life to be contained and reflect on the choices they made. "You wouldn't say that if it happened to someone close to you" You're right because hysterical anger and depression doesn't bring rational thought.v

Image for post Execution is a barbaric, unnecessary form of punishment for any crime If you think that anyone deserves to die or you find peace in the loss of a life you have just as evil intentions as said criminal. Life imprisonment seems like the most justified punishment for a murderer.  An entire life to be contained and reflect on the choices they made. "You wouldn't say that if it happened to someone close to you" You're right because hysterical anger and depression doesn't bring rational thought.v
CiscoKarpes avatar Law
8 86
@2619974

Notifying and turning them in is definitely the first thing I would do as well.
But I don't wish death or suffering on anyone.
So murder is only wrong in certain scenarios?

@2619983

You realize how selfish it is in any sense to say who and who doesn't DESERVE to live on this planet?
Murderer or not, criminal or not.
Nobody DESERVES to die.
The appropriate punishment for a criminal is completely subjective, saying someone should be put to death is an easy solution that doesn't really solve anything.

@2620100

If rehabilitated in that case means ready to murder and rape as soon as out the answer would be yes

@2620100

I definitely did not say once ANYTHING about rehabilitation.
Especially in terms of the type of brutality you just mentioned.
I still don't think he should die. He should suffer a lifetime of consequence and punishment. Killing him just takes away all discipline, justice, and tangible redemption.
If you think about it nobody benefits from his death just as the 3 year old.

@2620219

I definitely am not saying you are as bad as said individual.
The only difference between you and the killer is the action taking place.
You are level headed, you have impulse control, you are not psychotic.
It's easy to be sympathetic to the innocent, and cry for justice, it takes a real intelligent and brave human being to try and understand inside the mind of someone who has such problems.
It doesn't mean have sympathy for the killer, wouldn't it make more sense to maybe develop an understanding the brain of a monster?
No just kill them, they deserve to die.
I don't care if said murderer was also a human being beforehand, I don't care because all that matters is my moral sense and justice needs to be served!
Who needs understanding when you can just kill the bastards?

@2620710

Where did this talk of compassion come from? You are assuming things.

@2620756

We should have compassion for evil individuals who want to rape and murder people even if said person is a child. That is his logic. These sick bastards should be shot. If it was someone I loved, I would love to take the shot. Crime shouldn't go unpunished.

@2621763

I don't go on here too much. Not the same as Sodahead.

@DakotaErdmann We should have compassion for evil individuals who want to rape and murder people even if said person is a child...

Compassion is not what I was preaching here but go ahead assuming things to build to your own idea of what I stand for.

@CiscoKarpe Compassion is not what I was preaching here but go ahead assuming things to build to your own idea of what I stand for.

There is a major difference between a serial killer and me. I realize murder is wrong. A serial killer isn't sane. They will take the lives of people who had done nothing to deserve it. I generally will only kill in self defense. I would be happy to execute criminals. I would assume most people don't want to die and death is what these criminals deserve. Execution is justice, not barbaric. Jails and prisons are better than what they should be too.

@2620756

You find pleasure in death just as a murderer in that case.
You find pleasure in knowing someone ceases to live just like a murderer.
Do you see how the mentality is no different of that of a serial killer?
They find pleasure in death just as you find pleasure in the death of them.

@2620219

Than you are an advocate for murder, you just aren't the one doing the action.
You can't say murder is right in some cases and then act like you have the moral high ground.
You should only KILL when about to be KILLED. Protection.
He murdered a 3 year old and then got locked up in prison.
How does killing him make you or anyone else any safer when this dangerous person is already contained.

@2620709

You aren't directly paying for said killer. You are paying for all sorts of lowlife people. It sounds more like you are more worried about the expense of someone else living on this same planet as you rather than wanting actual justice

@2620754

Do you at least realize the hypocrisy of your stance?
YOU FIND PLEASURE IN KNOWING SOMEONE IS NOT ALIVE.
You may not be the one killing but you are a supporter of murder all the same.
Law is no substitute for morality.

@CiscoKarpe Notifying and turning them in is definitely the first thing I would do as well. But I don't wish death or suffering...

I wonder what would someone like you think if you experience someone close to you being brutally murdered. Will you be as calm and collected and merciful? Or will your wrath and blood lust take the better of you? It's easy to speak about such things from afar without having experience.

@Sunny_the_skeptic I wonder what would someone like you think if you experience someone close to you being brutally murdered. Will you...

Like the post says
"You wouldn't say something like that if it were to happen to you."
You would be right because hysterical anger and depression doesn't bring rational thought.

@CiscoKarpe Like the post says "You wouldn't say something like that if it were to happen to you." You would be right because...

Have you had something like that happen to you? It isn't rational to believe the lowest of low should be alive. You dont seem to understand reality though. Crime should be punished. Call it eye for an eye or whatever but sometimes, killing is just and this is one of those cases. If something like that to happen to me, I wouldn't mind taking the shot.

Good question. I'm against the death penalty, but only because we'd inevitably end up executing a few innocent people too.

Executions are barbaric in the sense that capital punishment is a primitive form of justice, but to me life in prison would be worse. We're all going to die, but to have to live the rest of your life in captivity first, without any hope of being free again, that seems (appropriately) cruel.

Regardless of my position on this topic, We're all human. If someone did the unthinkable and murdered one of my children I'm fairly certain my intentions would be just as base and savage as those of the murderer.

"If you think anyone deserves to die or you find peace in the loss of a life you have just as evil intentions as said criminal."

So, I know a family that the father is not a good person. He's abusive to his children (more verbally that physically), and abusive to the mother (the same). So my friend watches her father beat her mother, talk down to both of them, and so on, and for years she has lived with this. I know she wouldn't lose any sleep if her father was executed. She would find peace with that, because he would be gone from their lives and the torment wouldn't continue. And you want to tell me she has evil intentions, just like her father, because of that? I don't think so.

There's a very big difference between enjoying someone dying or finding it fun, and feeling safe when someone dies. One can be considered evil, the other not even close.

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +5Reply
@2620397

You can't be more gone than dead.

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +3Reply
@2620404

A picture does not depict the entirety of what a crazy bastard is dealing with mentally, physically, and emotionally.
If you think solitary confinement creates some sort of positive outcome you are as insane as him.
39 years in a box why don't you try it and say you aren't suffering.
When you're in an institution being delusional about how you feel is completely normal.
You think someone who spends 39 years in a box is gonna cry and scream for that long? No, they will convince themselves ANYTHING to divert their attention from the reality of the situation they're in.

@2621010

1) If the majority want to live than let them. Unless they are about to kill you, and in that case defend yourself and others
You aren't defending anyone after a death sentence is made.
The people are already dead, they're not coming back, killing him isn't gonna help anything. The families will find pleasure in his death as the murderer found pleasure in killing.
2) Obviously they want the criminal dead because they're hysterical and angry and just want revenge for what happened. Any sensible lawmaker will not let a serious threat back in the public that doesn't mean they deserve to die.
3) I doubt the state is gonna pay for the family of lost ones because they're more concerned with killing the criminal and housing the criminal and other things that don't pertain to anyone else's agenda but their own.

@2621029

War isn't self defense, war is a bunch of power figures sending out pawns to do their bidding so they don't get the blood on their hands.
Military people are very brave no doubt about it but the thing about war is the people are seen as expendable. There will always be more people wanting to defend their country.
This country as well as a other's will shove their flag down your throat if you let it to the point you are willing to sacrifice your life for the agenda of the person in charge.
Nevertheless, everyone and anyone serving in the military is brave they just are desensitized to murder and feel as if it is justified based on their nationalism and fear of being under attack.

@2621036

Self defense or defending someone else.
Directly and immediately, not way after the crime has been committed.
A murderer does not have any moral reason to kill, but does that make it any different for the person killing the killer?
No It doesn't, nothing is being protected but the interest of those that want the killer dead

I have just as evil intentions as said criminal. They must die. DIE!

@CiscoKarpe At least you acknowledge your flawed mentality

No flaw here; I think you're flawed. You want to be easy on murderers, rapists, and child molesters.

@JerryHendrickson No flaw here; I think you're flawed. You want to be easy on murderers, rapists, and child molesters.

You think spending your entire life in prison is easy?
Especially being a murderer, rapist, or a pedophile?
Killing them in all honesty teaches them nothing.
No time for reevaluating their lives, no time to live out their punishment for their actions. Just kill them.

@CiscoKarpe You think spending your entire life in prison is easy? Especially being a murderer, rapist, or a pedophile?...

The taxpayers should not have to pay for their existence. Why should we have to teach them shit? We owe them nothing; they owe us everything.

@JerryHendrickson The taxpayers should not have to pay for their existence. Why should we have to teach them shit? We owe them...

You say this like the average taxpayer isn't already doing this, are you happier with your money funding the death of someone?
Idk how much they take out of our checks for one crazy person but I know it's not enough to make a direct impact on the quality of OUR lives.
I don't think they should be TAUGHT anything except the error of their ways and that should be taught by a lifetime of imprisonment and personal reflection.
Btw Bubba has a lot of fun with pedos and rapists, I'm sure there are people in the prison yard who have fun with murderers too.
Killing them is the easy way out of their lifetime of punishment.

@CiscoKarpe You say this like the average taxpayer isn't already doing this, are you happier with your money funding the death...

No, I do not say this as if the average taxpayer isn't already doing this. I'm stating that we shouldn't have to. They're a waste of money and time and a burden to society. What do you think of this? They can live as long as they are tortured severely for as long as they live. Fire ants, razor blades, rats eating their balls, shit like that?

@JerryHendrickson No, I do not say this as if the average taxpayer isn't already doing this. I'm stating that we shouldn't have to...

A lifetime in confinement from the outside world seems like punishment enough to me.
I feel more comfortable knowing my money is going to containing someone like a murderer rather than someone like a druggie or a theif.
If you think about it who do you want to pay to keep off the streets? A petty criminal or a dangerous human being?
Either way you are paying. Probably more so for all of the people who go in and out of the prison system rather than someone who cemented their time in there.

Read Ann Rule's "The Stranger Beside Me" and tell us all that Ted Bundy did not deserve to die. After he killed 80 to 100 women after escaping authorities twice, he should be rewarded with life? He is only one of many who lost their right to life when they destroyed so many lives just because they already existed.

@ozzyboy Read Ann Rule's "The Stranger Beside Me" and tell us all that Ted Bundy did not deserve to die. After he killed 80...

Watched a documentary about Ted Bundy today actually is what made me think of this.
He should have lived the rest of his life behind bars.
Killing a killer because he killed and killing is wrong is pure hypocrisy.
If you are the one linked to the pain and anguish of course you don't agree.
If someone killed someone close to me of course I would be full of rage and pain and would just want anything to feel like some sort of revenge or justice was served.
But in all actuality murder solves NOTHING IN ANY REGARD.
You can kill someone in the line of duty and serve no consequences, you can kill people in the military, you can kill criminals. You just can't kill people if you don't have a certain rank of power.

@CiscoKarpe Watched a documentary about Ted Bundy today actually is what made me think of this. He should have lived the rest...

Eliminating a known threat to civilized society is intelligent for the safety of society. He escaped twice and went on to slaughter more women. He loved doing it. I had to have a demented pit bull put down. I loved that dog with all my heart but he was a danger to society and had to go. I view the Ted Bundy's of the world as a danger and Bundy earned his dispatch.

@ozzyboy Eliminating a known threat to civilized society is intelligent for the safety of society. He escaped twice and went...

Ted Bundy escaping is probably directly linked to shitty police work.
A violent animal becomes violent based on how it is raised.

@CiscoKarpe Ted Bundy escaping is probably directly linked to shitty police work. A violent animal becomes violent based on how...

You make excuses for him by blaming the police but it doesn't matter. He had murder in his heart - bludgeoning sleeping young women while they slept and enjoying it? I would lose sleep only if he were still alive, gone from society permanently was the only solution for him.

If you can purposely kill innocent people...you deserve what you get..

Act tough and take your sentence, even if its death...
Just like you were tough killing that innocent person looking you in the eyes..

The person that was killed doesn't get a second chance..
Why should he?

I don't get joy from it but if that dirtbag is sentenced to death...tough shit.

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Disagree +3Reply
@DandyDon If you can purposely kill innocent people...you deserve what you get.. Act tough and take your sentence, even if...

A killer is a deranged psychopath, a killer tends to be more impulsive.
How do you solve a murder with more murder? What is solved? Especially when at the point someone is on death row they're already contained and have no chance of escaping.

@CiscoKarpe A killer is a deranged psychopath, a killer tends to be more impulsive. How do you solve a murder with more murder?...

It doesn't matter one way or the other to me..
I'm not the judge..

You can't solve a murder with murder.
You also can't solve a murder, pampering murderers either..

My advice, keep your nose clean.
Then you won't have to worry about consequences..

@DandyDon It doesn't matter one way or the other to me.. I'm not the judge.. You can't solve a murder with murder. You also...

Where did this pampering talk come from?
I definitely do not advocate for murderers to have it easy.
Killing someone seems easier and more pampering than a lifetime of confinement from the outside world.
As well as a lifetime to have to live and reflect on their decisions every day of the rest of their lives.
Just kill the killer who likes killing because killing is wrong.

@CiscoKarpe Where did this pampering talk come from? I definitely do not advocate for murderers to have it easy. Killing...

3 meals a day, a bed, climate controlled rooms, cable, internet, exercise facilities etc.
All that is missing is a flashing neon sign outside..

Anyway, that's my opinion and like i said before, i'm not going to do anything to put myself in that predicament.

So i don't have to worry about that..

If you get down to the bottom line a deranged psychopath doesn't really give a damn either way, what he/she gets sentenced..

Some people looking in at the situation, have a problem with it..

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Disagree +2Reply
@DandyDon 3 meals a day, a bed, climate controlled rooms, cable, internet, exercise facilities etc. All that is missing is a...

You talk like prison is a desirable place to be.
Man maybe I should become a murderer or a rapist because prison sounds awesome!
Who cares if I'll never make contact with the outside world again, who cares if I can't make my own decisions for myself?
You go mad inside of an institution it's not pampering by any means.
Idk about you but I would rather die than live out the entirety of my life behind bars.

@CiscoKarpe You talk like prison is a desirable place to be. Man maybe I should become a murderer or a rapist because prison...

We don't agree, i'll leave it at that..

Don't feel like going back and forth, for the sake of it..

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Disagree +1Reply

Well I believe the base argument is one less physco, practical reasons as overcrowded money sinking prisons, and that you can't release some people ever because they will kill as soon as they are out.

If someone murders someone then that person deserves to be put to death. He/she didn't care about the life they took, so why should I care about their life. They don't deserve to take another breath on this earth. An eye for an eye....

This is not an easy question and it can be interpreted in many ways that can still make you look like a cruel person. Who told you that death is worse than a lifetime of suffering?

It doesn't make you a better person if you spare their life, what if I look at it this way, that you want them to suffer more in life rather than giving them the peace of death.

@Sunny_the_skeptic This is not an easy question and it can be interpreted in many ways that can still make you look like a cruel...

A lifetime in confinement to reflect on your life choices and paying your debt to society.
It seems more rational than killing the killer because killing people is illegal don't you think?

@CiscoKarpe A lifetime in confinement to reflect on your life choices and paying your debt to society. It seems more rational...

You don't know that, you don't know how a person feels about the world. What if the person prefers death instead of being locked up forever with no way to get out. What if life has no meaning to a person without freedom, knowing that your life is ruined now, after 10 years and after 50 you can never leave.

If you think everyone thinks the same way as you you're deluding yourself.

@Sunny_the_skeptic You don't know that, you don't know how a person feels about the world. What if the person prefers death instead...

I obviously don't need validation from other people to know what I feel is morally right.
If a criminal wants to die than so be it.
If a criminal doesn't want to die and the state kills them they are no better than the murderer who ignored pleas for mercy.
Why should you be merciful towards people who have shown no mercy to others?
That mentality is how we can demonize people and glorify war and think that murder is okay in certain scenarios.
When in reality the only time anyone should kill is when they are protecting someone or someone else from death.
After a serial killer gets caught and locked up there is literally no reason for them to be killed because the danger is off of the streets.
I feel the main argument I keep getting is you don't want to pay for a psycho in the system which is absolute bullshite because that basically means you value a meager amount of money over a HUMAN LIFE.
I don't care who it is or what they did you are an advocate for murder.

@CiscoKarpe I obviously don't need validation from other people to know what I feel is morally right. If a criminal wants to...

Yes I do value money more than the life of a merciless killer, because that is not human. And the difference is the following one is a duty you do not enjoy the other one is a madman who does it for their own sick pleasure. How merciful would you be towards someone who kills your very close relative or friend or lover hmm? And don't delude yourself that you would spare such a person, we both know you'd be lying.

They also kill in prison.I'm thinking of innocent people.I'm not barbaric.

hootowls avatar hootowl Disagree +2Reply

Some crimes are very barbaric that person needs to be taken out. Death for murderers is just in my opinion we shouldn't spend money to keep them alive in jails.

Many criminals don't deserve to live. Child molesters, murderers and rapists should be executed. Crime often already goes unpunished and crime is just getting worse. Very evil individuals don't deserve to live. I see murderers and rapists get a slap on the wrist all the time. They shouldn't even be on death row for 20 years. Execution should be a much speedier process if they know they are guilty.

@2620056

It does actually. It really depends on your intentions and how you see death. Whether as an ultimate punishment or as a end to suffering as well as if you intend them to live for the sole reason to make them suffer. Either way you can be viewed as mercy or cruelty.

If you support the death penalty you support murder all the same I don't care who it is. It is still the act of murder. Those of you who find pleasure in knowing ANYONE is not alive are just as mindlessly evil. You support death penalty you support murder. No murder is justified unless you are protecting YOURSELF or OTHERS.
You aren't protecting ANYONE with a death sentence. You're just getting rid of an inconvenience. An inconvenice that of which is a HUMAN LIFE ALL THE SAME. Bunch of friggin hypocrites

@2621038

As far as morality goes self defense is the only justified case of murder.
A serial killer cements their time in the institution they're in, there are people who study their mindset, and study the gruesomeness of their crimes.
Any sensible law official isn't gonna give someone who cut someone in half a chance of parole, if they did they are absolute morons.
The only way a serial killer will be able to kill again is if the law officials taking care of them are incompetent.

@2621038

Being me I would feel very bad and wrong killing anyone in any scenario because I acknowledge the fact I would be taking a human life.
Murderer or not. A life has been taken by my hands.

but its ok to murder innocent human babies right?

As a human being with consciousness, no matter how much hate and shit I will get from you - the other users - I will not bend down my knee.

Most of you twats are Americans, some of you are from up north and John isn't really from anywhere safe. He is a hunted man, point me, point him. Point dat. Anyways, as I'm trying to get less drunk by drinking more booze (it's a gift), I'm still wondering... Ser? Are you online and how profane can I get? Go, please, and fucking PM me... Like, right now.

Anonymous