+9

Before the Internet...we lived in a limited world. Before the car, the phone and tv...it was even more limited. Amirite?

Altho I can't say taking selfies is our finest hour...

Image for post **Before the Internet...we lived in a limited world.** Before the car, the phone and tv...it was even more limited. //Amirite?//
Sukiesnows avatar Technology
3 10

Before the invention of fire, we had to watch each other's bottoms in the dark. Then, behold, the Hinternet was born.

I agree. I'm old enough to remember when we didn't even have a TV at my house, and the one phone we had in the hallway was on a party line that we had to share with neighbors when we wanted to use it. But my parents had a large encyclopedia set and a good dictionary in our house so I could look up stuff. And my high school had a real good library to find info if my references at home weren't sufficient.

@goblue1968 I agree. I'm old enough to remember when we didn't even have a TV at my house, and the one phone we had in the...

The Party Line. They should do spoofs on that!

I hear what you're saying...remember ALL the time spent going places and Looking things up?

@Sukiesnow The Party Line. They should do spoofs on that! I hear what you're saying...remember ALL the time spent going...

Yes, my little town had a public library which I went to when I couldn't find stuff in my school library.

And when I was a kid I belonged to a book of the month club which was called "The Real Book of ..." where I could choose the subject in the "..." and they had a huge number of subjects. That helped me become a real trivia guru.

Yes but we didn't know it...

Jaxxis avatar Jaxxi Agree +1Reply
@Jaxxi Yes but we didn't know it...

It is the one saving grace.