+8

No one talks about their father much. What was it like for you?

In reading John Lithgow's bio...he pays so much of a tribute to his dad...but growing up in a world where dads were quiet...I don't understand this...

Image for post **No one talks about their father much.** //What was it like for you?//
Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
9 22
@2620145

Indeed. You have.

Mine left when I was four. My grandpa ... now there's a man worth talking about! A hero if ever there was one. l smilie

I like my father. If a parent seems annoying and bugs you with advice you already know it means they're a good parent who cares for you.

@2620548

Yes...we won't go there...

My father won't talk to me.

@AliceD My father won't talk to me.

There's prolly a reason for that.

@Sukiesnow There's prolly a reason for that.

You are right, he is dead :)

If ever there was a good reason for him not talking to me this is indeed one of the better ones.

I must be becoming increasingly predictable..... I had better up my game somewhat.

My dad is brilliant. He is a huge part of my life and I love him.

In my case, there's a reason I don't. I know what you mean,though.

Trishs avatar Trish Agree +1Reply
@Trish In my case, there's a reason I don't. I know what you mean,though.

You lost your dad early in life? Or say nothing...sorry.

Especially when you had a "quiet" father...there isn't much to say.

I talk about my dad all the time.

Vrendowls avatar Vrendowl Disagree 0Reply

He was a very cold man, didn't show much emotion to any of his kids. I can't remember him ever saying he loved me or even hugged me.

My dad was amazing. He was my best friend. I could talk to him about anything and everything. No matter what stupid things I did or when I hit rock bottom and ashamed of who I was, my dad was right there to support me. Not one time did he ever judge me for my choices but rather helped lead me down the right path. My dad had an wonderful sense of humor and could find humor in the darkest times. He never met a stranger either. People always fell in love with my dad. Just like my mama, my dad was my hero.

🦋