Have you seen any hummingbirds this year?

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar Animals & Nature
5 26

Let's wait until I'm properly lesscoffeed.

Yes! We have feeders and they love our trumpet vines and go nuts for Canna Lilies!

They've never been plentiful - but I enjoy seeing them.

It's the bees I worry about. Fewer this year than ever before.

@Budwick Yes! We have feeders and they love our trumpet vines and go nuts for Canna Lilies! They've never been plentiful -...

Hey Budwick, They are here finally, you all gave me hope my hummers would return. I have a tiny feeder hanging from my office window. One hummer came to eat today. He buzzed the chickadee that also has a tiny feeder on the window. I am happy today. Thank you thank you all for giving me hope - which has finally proved truey smilie

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Hey Budwick, They are here finally, you all gave me hope my hummers would return. I have a tiny feeder hanging...

That's awesome Lorraine! Amazing little creature those hummers.

Be sure to keep the feeder cleaned. They are picky little ... you probably know already, but the sugar water needs to be changed frequently. We do ours at least once a week.

We have bunches every day but there's a male and female we can actually recognize. We call them Elizabuzz and Hummphrey. [You can use that if you wish]

Twice this year.

Oh, yes!
The hosta and trumpet vine are in bloom. So they arent using the feeder any more:) I have been stared down through the screen of my sliding glass door, twice. Like fairies. They are so brave.

Hi Budwick, I am glad you are seeing them, Wish I had some trumpets as you mention-I just haver feeders that do go empty but never see a hummer. Bees I see them but never know if it is real honeybees or some other type. I have some burdox growing and was about to cut it down, until I saw some bees on it I decided they needed that flower more than i needed a weed cut down.

I miss them so - this is the only kind I see on line lovelies Image in content

I did...i've rarely seen any that knew the words..

None of those where I live, only on Nat Geo

This has been up long enough Thank you all for sharing your knowledge.

Fewer than last year.