Are Duck Lip Selfies Still In?

In 2015 [that's two years ago!], a group of scientists waded into the duck-face discussion. Researchers analyzed 123 selfies and had each person whose picture was analyzed complete a personality questionnaire.

The researchers noted whether the person pictured was doing things like making a duck face or looking at the camera.

Results showed that those who made a duck face were more likely to be neurotic, which means they tend to be anxious and moody.

The researchers also asked 107 university students to look at the photos and draw inferences about the people's personalities.

As it turns out, the students assumed that those making a duck face were less conscientious, or less organized and hardworking — though the researchers didn't find any evidence of that link.

So, to summarize: Online daters think duck face is hot; college students think duck face means you're a slacker; and scientists think duck face means you're emotionally unstable.

It's hard to draw a general conclusion from these findings. What do you think about duck lip selfies?

Image for post Are Duck Lip Selfies Still In?
Budwicks avatar Animals & Nature
9 23

I'm not sure. I think 'sharing' numerous selfies of one oneself is sort of strange, and that duck lip thingy just looks really ridiculous.

@2621553

Thanks DWF! Your fun loving input is always welcomed!

Hey Mr B, I was just watching some old rock video clips from my favourite bands and they made me think of this post. I had always wondered where the duck face thing had originated from, and I'm thinking the 70's... look...

Jimmy Page - Led Zeppelin...

See, my mom always told me playing stairway to heaven backwards would cause deformities... maybe she was on to something think smilie

And look.. Anne Wilson - Heart

... and incredibly awesome Heart Guitarist - Roger Fisher...

I sure hope not because it looks absolutely stupid but hey if people don't mind looking that way who am I to stop them.

🦋

They never where in they where always ugly

Haven't seen many selfies

@Willcooper Haven't seen many selfies

Then I think you are hanging with the right crowd!

@Budwick Then I think you are hanging with the right crowd!

Well I guess but I think I has more to do with the fact that I have very few friends on social media

@Willcooper Well I guess but I think I has more to do with the fact that I have very few friends on social media

Wow! I'm liking you more and more Will!

This website - Amirite is the extent of social media I can deal with personally. We can have some friends here, but we can still maintain some degree of anonymity. And usually, we don't have to tolerate some nit wit posting photos of every meal he's about to eat and every mundane detail of his life.

@Budwick Wow! I'm liking you more and more Will! This website - Amirite is the extent of social media I can deal with...

Well if you like the format of amirite you might like 4chan or reddit as well rarely is the photo spamming on those sites and people post lots of interesting content.

that's a kissie face, not duck lips