I find it very hypocritical that someone in other countries can diss their own country/president but when we as Americans, say anything negative about Trump, those same people go bonkers. They have every right to their opinions of their president and we have every right to say what we feel necessary to inform people of what is going on in our country.

It's a shame that there are some from other countries can't stand it when we as Americans voice our opinions about the bad stuff that is going on in our country. If they lived here and will suffer the consequences of what happens, that would be different, but to be obsessed with our politics to the point of anger, is just not right....just saying.

Image for post I find it very hypocritical that someone in other countries can diss their own country/president but when we as Americans, say anything negative about Trump, those same people go bonkers.   They have every right to their opinions of their president and we have every right to say what we feel necessary to inform people of what is going on in our country.
StarzAboves avatar Jokes & Humour
12 47

We can criticize and jeer our President all we want, and others can criticize and jeer us all they way. That's the way freedom of speech is supposed to work.

@PhilboydStudge We can criticize and jeer our President all we want, and others can criticize and jeer us all they way. That's the...

I agree 100%, but some, (not American) are trying to suppress what we are saying about our own government. They can say mean stuff about their own governments and that's fine, but they seem to be obsessed with trying to suppress me and others because of the truth that we are saying about Trump.

If they don't like our political polls, then they should just by pass them. I was even un followed by a friend because of it. Go figure that one.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Not if you're in Turkey, if you speak against Gaddafi oh sorry I mean Erdogan you will end up in jail.

True. When people are denied the right to speak freely they are often denied many other rights.

@PhilboydStudge True. When people are denied the right to speak freely they are often denied many other rights.

In Germany they regularly mock their politicians, I remember a statue or cartoon of Angela Merkel in BDSM leather clothing. No one yet complained or was punished.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Like in any mostly democratic country

That's the way it should be, but here in America, Trump is trying to suppress the press, the start of a dictatorship.

@StarzAbove That's the way it should be, but here in America, Trump is trying to suppress the press, the start of a dictatorship.

No no no, don't use that word freely. Dictatorship is when the moment you speak out loud against a ruler you get killed or incarcerated, news companies that dare speak out bought or shut down, nothing like this. The US isn't shady on the outside, only on the inside. The regular person can live a lifetime without seeing any of that shady parts.

@Sunny_the_skeptic No no no, don't use that word freely. Dictatorship is when the moment you speak out loud against a ruler you get...

Trump is exposing all the shady parts we have in America. He wanted to drain the swamp, but instead he put a bunch of crocodiles in the swamp.

@2622093

They are running scared because they know the investigation will reveal the truth about Trump, and it's not pretty.

@2622090

We have a lot wrong with our government at this point in time, and I will continue to voice my opinion when I see an injustice being done....and that means Trump. And if an outsider doesn't like what I have to say, the hell with them.

@2622214

Thanks, no government is perfect, and everyone has a right to give their opinions, but when a person goes out of their way to diss us for speaking the truth about our government, they should be censored themselves. I would not argue with anyone over THEIR government, it's just not respectful to that person.

One person on here posts about our government, and you should see the haters that descend on him, calling him a liar, mocking him, only because he speaks the truth and they can't bear that.

@StarzAbove

People need to read that quote, start acting like adults around here, apologize to those they have hurt or are hurting now, and make this site a fun place to be.

@2622262

I agree, people post a lot of things on the internet in good faith, not expecting some low life scum bag to make a big deal about it, just to cause harm to someone or seek revenge. If it was their wife, sister or daughter or even sons....how would they feel if someone did something like that to them? Maybe photshop something to make it look vulgar....

People should be very careful as to how they treat others, we never know what that person might be going through.

@2622263

Great reply John, thank you very much. hug smilie

I think it's only right to stay out of other countries domestic politics and leave it to their own voters to discuss. If their leader has an affect on my country such as through war or foreign policy etc I might comment on that, but otherwise I prefer to stay right out of it.

@OzSurfer I think it's only right to stay out of other countries domestic politics and leave it to their own voters to...

So do I Oz. I could complain about another country but the truth would be that I, not living there, I really wouldn't know what is really going on. Plus I can't vote so why should I complain.

@StarzAbove So do I Oz. I could complain about another country but the truth would be that I, not living there, I really...

I think the worst aspect can be when people from other countries take actual political sides, so they aren't just giving an opinion on a leader or policy but are pushing for an entire change of Government that may be diametrically opposed to your own freely elected one, yet don't have to live with it. We've even had people visit my town from overseas handing out leaflets trying to encourage us to adopt their own personal political agenda without having any knowledge of local issues.

@OzSurfer I think the worst aspect can be when people from other countries take actual political sides, so they aren't just...

Wow, seems like it's widespread. But on here I agree that people have a right to say whatever they want but when they choose to argue and try to tell Americans how stupid we are, then that's going too far.

And it's very disrespectful.

Well, if a Portuguese wants to trash-talk our President, go ahead. I know I'm not about to tell anyone that they can't speak about their own President. That doesn't even makes sense, especially if they have freedom of speech.

@Sofia Well, if a Portuguese wants to trash-talk our President, go ahead. I know I'm not about to tell anyone that they...

That is the problem..... they have free speech and I'm fine with that, but to come on a post and argue about our paranoid president being so great is just stupid.

@2624137

Sure they did, I was on Sodahead at that time, and they demeaned President Obama in every way possible. They put nasty graphics up all the time, one with his head on a monkey, said vile things about Michelle, and the biggest lie and liar was Trump, who started that crap about Obama not being an American. And after all his little Trumpsters believed the lie and helped get him elected, he finally admitted that Obama was an American.

No graphic about Trump can compare with what they did to Obama.

There is 1 always true rule when it comes to politics Star, NEVER will there be a time in which all or even at least the majority of one nation will like their politicians, it's just that right now you are on the other side of the fence, the side that is not satisfied with their leader. 8 years ago republicans were losing their shit that Obama was in office.

@Sunny_the_skeptic There is 1 always true rule when it comes to politics Star, NEVER will there be a time in which all or even at...

That's very true. And the Republicans tore Obama to pieces, even Trump got in on the act by that stupid theory that Obama wasn't born in the United States. Of course he finally admitted that he was wrong. He was a liar then, and still is.

Everyone knows my opinions about Trump, and I have that right to speak out about him, as do others, but when someone from another country gets mad because we speak the truth about Trump, and tries to squelch my comments or others that post about him, that's going a little too far.

I don't obsess over another country's politics, so they shouldn't over mine.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Politicians will say a lot to further their election

Sure they will. Trump made a lot of promises and hasn't kept any of them. He also said that when he was president he wouldn't have time to play golf and he berated Obama for playing.

Trump is now at his golf course in New Jersey for 17 days, and since he's been president he's played three times as much golf in 6 months as Obama did in 8 years. Trump is such a liar.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="YouTube video thumbnailameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

@StarzAbove Sure they will. Trump made a lot of promises and hasn't kept any of them. He also said that when he was...

You won't believe it but the news that Trump mocked Obama for taking a vacation and that he's taking one now in his golf club made the news here in Bulgaria as well, I watched it last night

@Sunny_the_skeptic You won't believe it but the news that Trump mocked Obama for taking a vacation and that he's taking one now in his...

Wow...I had no idea. But I do know that most of our allies are scratching their head as to what is wrong with Trump. He's an embarrassment to most Americans, and now the whole world thinks he's a joke.

@StarzAbove Wow...I had no idea. But I do know that most of our allies are scratching their head as to what is wrong with...

I didn't even take his election serious. But in this case both candidates were a bad idea, they stabbed Bernie in the back he might have done a better job

@StarzAbove I voted for Bernie in the primaries, he would have made a great president.

I dont even know why i'm talking about this, Im not even anywhere close to the US

@Sunny_the_skeptic I dont even know why i'm talking about this, Im not even anywhere close to the US

That's OK, you've enlightened me on what your country really thinks about Trumpo. lol Thanks.

@StarzAbove That's OK, you've enlightened me on what your country really thinks about Trumpo. lol Thanks.

Bulgaria doens't know much about Trump or the states, we're just another tiny country who has to kiss ass to the bigger stronger countries so we don't get burnt

@StarzAbove I don't know much about your country either. Who are your neighboring countries?

Bulgaria is in Eastern Europe, the black sea on the east, Turkey on south east, Romania on the north Serbia on the west, Maccedonia on the south west and Greece on the south

@Sunny_the_skeptic Bulgaria is in Eastern Europe, the black sea on the east, Turkey on south east, Romania on the north Serbia on the...

Interesting. Thanks for the information. I have a brother-in-law who is Romania, he was born in the states but his parents came from Romania, which makes my nieces part Romanian. lol