What was something you used to enjoy, but was ruined for you? What’s the story behind that?

doctorwho1011s avatar Jokes & Humour
8 23

Sodahead, when they took it down without notifying anyone.

I used to have a great career job in IT that i really loved. I worked at the same place for 13 years, but then a new CEO sacked all the middle management and replaced them with the new age management mentality that seems to hate all their employees, sees them all as bad and has a "leads by the stick" people management strategy. I've changed jobs twice since then but found the same unproductive attitude each time. So work is no longer enjoyable like it used to be.

@OzSurfer I used to have a great career job in IT that i really loved. I worked at the same place for 13 years, but then a...

Once I have the first one gazillion buckle bin higdzibitzies and a billion, I will hire you, D. Just come knocking. I know it's a long way from the wrong side of the globe, but...

@ZonkeyBalls Once I have the first one gazillion buckle bin higdzibitzies and a billion, I will hire you, D. Just come knocking...

When you get your mega company off the ground Z, i'll be your guy... I'm ready to give up the surf for some quality work :)

@OzSurfer When you get your mega company off the ground Z, i'll be your guy... I'm ready to give up the surf for some quality...

No quality, just raw testing. Documentation and that Aussie attitude with the three working brain cells, brother.

@OzSurfer Sounds like my skillset, I'm your guy!

Well, then, let's wait for the lottery people to make the wrong choice with their balls, cubes and pyramids.

@ZonkeyBalls Well, then, let's wait for the lottery people to make the wrong choice with their balls, cubes and pyramids.

I'm actually planning to be the first person ever to win, who's never bought a ticket, besides all those number choices are so annoying.

@OzSurfer I'm actually planning to be the first person ever to win, who's never bought a ticket, besides all those number...

If I gave you the correct numbers, right here, right now, you would just go forever and not even thank me right? Now... Give me the rules in PM and I will give you the numbers to play, you dirty ol' JD lookalike.

That's awful but sounds like what is happening in a lot of places these days. Get rid of the good people and keep the sheeple who only know how to follow.

@ozzyboy That's awful but sounds like what is happening in a lot of places these days. Get rid of the good people and keep...

Thanks, yes it does seem to be an approach to people management that has come from the past. I have a feeling that people skills aren't required in management anymore.

I used to love Sushi...then I ate some that wasn't fresh...and got sick... No more Sushi...

@Sukiesnow I used to love Sushi...then I ate some that wasn't fresh...and got sick... No more Sushi...

It was clams in Maine for me; got a bad batch. It's taken about 10 years but I can now enjoy them again. Food poisoning can definitely turn you off from a food.

This site has ruined my buttocks.

You always ask some good brainteasing questions, too bad I rarely have a good wisecrack answer for them

Cheese. How the dairy industry treats cows

Competitive bowling in a bowling league. Back when I enjoyed it, up until the early '90s, you used to have to have skill to shoot high scores. Then the bowling ball manufacturers started introducing much more exotic ball configurations and surfaces. That made the skill level required to throw strikes much lower, and therefore being able to convert spares became less important to scoring well. The result was that bowlers with far less skill than I had were able to shoot scores as high as I did so the competitive achievement satisfaction disappeared and was replaced by resentment for the game.

Jello because I found out what gelatin is.

pineapple; stomach flu.

Being older.