What is the most profound book you've ever read?

75% This 25% Other
Mashas avatar Quotes
10 15

The Bible.

I won't say something as boring as the bible...and I doubt most ppl have read both the old and new testaments.

Right now I'm picking the book Water for Elephants...other than a few classics...but classics are mostly always profound.

@Sukiesnow I won't say something as boring as the bible...and I doubt most ppl have read both the old and new...

Oi, Kas.

You should read that silly book about big toes. I've heard, that a certain monkey has been involved in attacks against Humanity.

I was going to say Plato's Phaedrus but the more I thought about it - it is really ...

Dr. Seuss's Sneetches and other stories.

That wonderful collection of stories:

"The Sneetches"
that discriminate against and shun each other until entrepreneur Sylvester McMonkey McBean, who does not share their prejudices, earns billions exploiting their biases "...until neither the Plain nor the Star-Bellies knew whether this one was that one...or what one was who."

"The Zax"
Who stubbornly refuse to move. Eventually a highway overpass is built around them, and the story ends with the Zax still standing there "unbudged in their tracks."

"Too Many Daves"
Mrs. McCave, who named all 23 of her sons Dave. She thinks of all the great names she could have chosen but... "she didn't do it, and now it's too late."

"What Was I Scared Of?"
A boy who encounters an empty pair of pale-green pants in a dark and spooky location but when he screams for help, the pants start to cry. "They were just as scared as I!"

@VicZinc I was going to say Plato's Phaedrus but the more I thought about it - it is really ... //Dr. Seuss's...

I love you.

Not because of your whooping mustache or the way that I'm probably 58 thousand years older than you are and you just hide it so badly. Having that said, I have absolutely no idea of what you are on about.

@2622423

Good book. SSL

@2622455

I find the reference to Heinrich Hertz quite unsettling. That is not, what I think about him...

EDIT: Got the name wrong, the first time around.

As a writer... I'm certain that nobody on this site has noticed, that I have that silly skill - no matter if the language is always one hundred percent - to perform certain magic with words. Usually horrifying. I guess that would make me a destructo mage or smth. Anyways... Uhmm.. Books, books, books... I learned how to read, when I was two and a half years old. It must have been a television documentary of how even babies can learn new stuff or something. But....

Well... To be put short, I'm still only mid intelligent, not a Guitar Hero or a hero of any other descent. I like cheese. Wanna date me?

There's a lot I could mention, many biographies, but in the work of fiction I'd choose Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy closely followed by Dune.

Tarzan of the Apes. I read it as a child and it began my love of reading. I don't think the "content" of any book is really all that profound or earth shattering. It's really all about what rocks your boat, and brings us enjoyment in reading.

Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

Redeeming Love ❤️

Anonymous