+11

It's always better to surround yourself with people who support and like you. Amirite?

Image for post **It's always better to surround yourself with people who support and like you.** //Amirite?//
Sukiesnows avatar Politics
5 29
@2622420

Even online you have to take some risks sometimes.

@2622404

Everyone lies, Marky.

@JerryHendrickson Agreed, EVERYONE lies.

Yes...it's part of being human. And ppl who say they don't lie probably think they don't but really...they do...or at least they have.

@Sukiesnow Yes...it's part of being human. And ppl who say they don't lie probably think they don't but really...they do...or...

"Do I look fat in this dress?" "No dear, you look perfect." ..... "Do you have any money that I can borrow?" "Sorry dude, I'm flat broke." They still do lie Sukie.

@JerryHendrickson "Do I look fat in this dress?" "No dear, you look perfect." ..... "Do you have any money that I can borrow?"...

Good examples.

Also works on a deeper level. We are lying just being online...is what I'm thinking.

@JerryHendrickson Explain? I don't get it; I'm slow.

Ha... We are only representing some parts of ourselves; is that not lying in some way?

@Sukiesnow Ha... We are only representing some parts of ourselves; is that not lying in some way?

I don't think so. Lying is a purposeful deceit. I think that many people try to present themselves as true to the real deal as they can, given the limits of not being face to face. You can only work with what you've got. Meeting you all face to face would be enjoyable though.

@JerryHendrickson I don't think so. Lying is a purposeful deceit. I think that many people try to present themselves as true to the...

Lying is not just purposeful deceit. Lying can be unconscious... lying can become part of a person...

I see your point, tho.

@Sukiesnow Lying is not just purposeful deceit. Lying can be unconscious... lying can become part of a person... I see your...

I just can't think of lying as being unpurposeful. I also believe that lying is sometimes the right thing to do; I've done posts on the subject here and sodahead.

@Sukiesnow Yes...everyone.

Alright. Everyone lies or has lied.

Certainly dont want to be around people who berate and dislike me.

Hmmmm
What an i doing here?

Only if they have the ability to tell you when you are doing something wrong. It takes a really good friend to say,"what you are doing is probably not a good idea." Otherwise they would only be yes men.

What is the sense in being around people who treat you like shit and work against you?

It's healthier for your nerves

Not if you're Donald Trump.

What if you are a white nationalist?

@Willcooper What if you are a white nationalist?

Focus on being a good person first and foremost.

It also doesn't hurt.....

To be able to accept that they won't agree with every opinion or always have the same feelings towards something as you..

If i expected people to agree with everything i believe, i might not have one friend..

@DandyDon It also doesn't hurt..... To be able to accept that they won't agree with every opinion or always have the same...

Yes...but being human...how is that possible? It is only possible on a percentage...depending on how self-actualized one is...

You also need those that challenge you, and creating a false reality that everyone is going to like you in life is just unrealistically stunting for emotional and personal development.

Vrendowls avatar Vrendowl Disagree 0Reply