There's been a lot of talk about teen suicide lately stemming from hurtful things people have posted about them on the internet. People should be very careful of what they say on social media about other people. People should remember, what goes 'round, comes 'round. Karma shows no mercy, and it can hit when least expected.

We never know what the next person is going through until we walk around in their shoes. So let's all be very careful with what we say and do to others, in reality, on the internet or wherever, we never know how fragile that person might be.

Image for post There's been a lot of talk about teen suicide lately stemming from hurtful things people have posted about them on the internet. People should be very careful of what they say on social media about other people. People should remember, what goes 'round, comes 'round. Karma shows no mercy, and it can hit when least expected.
StarzAboves avatar People & Celebrities
8 11

People need to think before they speak ... online or in real life. Once it's been said, there's no going back. u smilie

If Karma was real half of the world's population would be dead by now

Yeah, unfortunately many people don't seem to realize how much effect words can have.

A coworker of mine lost her 14 yr old son a few months ago to suicide. Last month a former coworker lost is 21 year old son to the same thing. Yes words can hurt beyond all belief. I know this personally.

In 2015, on here, I endured weeks of bullying. Being called fat, stupid, and ugly by another user with a sock account and anonymous comments. I was told it was over jealousy and someone was trying to personally run me off the site. After a week of it, it started taking a toll on me mentally. Some would say "it is just words, they can't hurt you" but it did. My thoughts didn't turn to "deactivate my account" they turned to a darker place. Every morning I would look in the mirror and think "maybe I am that way". The more those comments were said the harder things became for me. Others would say "just ignore it" that became harder to do. I am ashamed to admit, I did get to the point where thoughts of ending my own life started crossing my mind. I would think "why would anyone want to be friends with me", maybe they are right, maybe I am fat, stupid, and ugly". The world would be better off without me. If people online felt this way what do people offline really think of me.

So yes people should be careful what they say because words hurt like hell and they are not easy to ignore for some. If you can ignore it, I think that is great. I can't ever clean out my block list, if I do, the comments will be right there. To this day two years later, I look in the mirror and start thinking about those words.

🦋

@Lil_Princess A coworker of mine lost her 14 yr old son a few months ago to suicide. Last month a former coworker lost is 21 year...

I'm so sorry that happened to you, my friend. Only a coward speaking anonymously would do something so cruel to another person. I'm glad you overcame that crap and realized that you weren't all those things, but a sweet, pretty, intelligent young lady.

I can relate to your 14 year old friend's loss of life. That same thing happened in our community and it was a 14 year old girl who was being harassed online by some bullies.... and she took her own life. That was the reason I posted this. To make others think before they throw out lies or threaten others with hurtful words.

Just this past week on here, a long time friend said some hurtful words about me....called me a retread.... that really hurt, only because it came from someone who I had been friends with for a very long time. Guess our friendship didn't matter to him....

I can get mad at people on here, but I don't call them names, but once a person starts in with the name calling, then the conversation ends and usually the friendship.

People should heed the graphic below....

@StarzAbove I'm so sorry that happened to you, my friend. Only a coward speaking anonymously would do something so cruel to...

Thank you for your kind words. I am very sorry to hear someone called you that because you are not. That is one word that is not allowed to be used in my home.

Having a 14 year old myself that is one of my biggest fears because she spends a great deal of time online. Thankfully she hasn't experienced it but has talked with friends that have and has more on one occasion saved a few teens that confided in her their horrible online experiences.

I have noticed it seems like everywhere people are losing long time friends. A friend of mine offline lost one over a misunderstanding and she is heartbroken over it.

Yes I can get mad and I have but I would never drive someone to the point of taking their own life.

@Lil_Princess Thank you for your kind words. I am very sorry to hear someone called you that because you are not. That is one...

You're very welcome. I can't stand bullies, men or women. They are nothing but cowards. A good friend of ours, was bullied by two men who posted two posts about her, of course they didn't use her name, but we all knew it was about her....well they got what they wanted. She deactivated..... their posts were taken down and they wonder why.

The internet can be good or bad, but so many kids think that's a way they can bully others and not be held responsible for what they do. A parent can't watch what their kids are doing minute by minute, we just have to hope they have the good sense to go offline when someone is hurting them.

I've been fortunate in reality, I have long time friends who have been there for me through thick and thin, but on here it's a different story.

@StarzAbove You're very welcome. I can't stand bullies, men or women. They are nothing but cowards. A good friend of...

I can't stand that either. I have experience it way to much in my life. I fell like I missed something in regards to posts. I normally do. Unless there is a name I never have a clue unless someone confides in me it is about them or myself.

Yes I have taught my kids the dangers of the internet and often they scold me for being so friendly or discussing personal information. I get to talking and sometimes I forget to shut up. My being friendly is sometimes a downfall.

Well I hope they come back. I know I will speak up before I let things happen to me again.