+8

At Least Three Posts Have Disappeared Today, Just When I Was About To Comment On Them. They Did Not Seem To Be Violating Any "Rules".

The unwarranted removal of content here, is not at all conducive to an active and thriving site. Countdown to removal.... :)

Image for post At Least  Three Posts Have Disappeared Today,  Just When I Was About To Comment On Them.  They Did Not Seem To Be Violating Any "Rules".
Piper2s avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
8 49
@2622489

There has been a lot of censorship and censorship of actual news stories. This site needs to be for free speech.

If every opinion really does matter.

Cezars avatar Cezar Agree +3Reply
@2622489

Hear, hear!!! biggrin smilie

@2622438

I am aware of that. This particular post, however, was inspired by the several I saw disappear disappear just today.

One of mine went down today, but it's back up now. It was suggested that it might need some editing, I was OK with that.

I don't know anything about the ones you have mentioned. I'm probably blocked from them.

Most posts that are deleted have violated the rules.....

@StarzAbove One of mine went down today, but it's back up now. It was suggested that it might need some editing, I was OK...

Funny how some other post I remember that everyone reacted badly and was very personal and involved certain objects that go in certain places was allowed to remain

@Sunny_the_skeptic Funny how some other post I remember that everyone reacted badly and was very personal and involved certain objects...

Yes, I saw one yesterday accusing the liberals of accepting rape of Christians.... blatant lie, I hope it's gone by now, and the poster should be gone as well.

@2622473

I think most people understand why a post is deleted...they just like to gripe....lol

Then the post should stay up...with a message inside as to which rules have been violated.

@2622486

Well, it looks like those two bullies got their wish, she deactivated.

@Sukiesnow Then the post should stay up...with a message inside as to which rules have been violated.

No rules were broken, it was just suggested to me that it could use some editing....which I agreed. I had no problem with it.

We all know the rules around here, no names are to be mentioned.... and if a post is targeted at a certain person only to harass, stalk, threaten or hurt that person, then it comes down, as it should. That's probably what has happened to the posts being mentioned above.

Im missed linns post, so i dont know about that.

I did comment on two of the posts that were pulled. One was editted, the other removed.
The latter was intentionly making nasty digs at another member. It was obvious. Anyone who has been here for any time at all should have seen it.

The third, calling out people who search and find info to use others pasts as a weapon.

Childish behavior in the first. Veiled as a question about stalking. The second, just a continuation of the first.

I didnt ask for them to be pulled. But....the first two were uncalled for. Bullying at it's finest. No names, but a nudge, nudge, wink, wink. A$$holes, really. Such brave men. Picking at someone, online is such a brave and manly thing to do.

So.....this week i was called stupid. Not by name, but...just the same. By a mod, no less.

In my world, people dont behave this way. Not even with people who disagree.

As i have said to others....this is much like high school.
I hated high school......

@2622579

See that.....
I didnt say that those posts said anything about using info as a weapon.

I said the third called out people who did.

Who is projecting what?

@2622586

Didnt say they called you out.
I think it was a generalization

@Carla Im missed linns post, so i dont know about that. I did comment on two of the posts that were pulled. One was...

Usually when a post is pulled it's a clear violation of the rules. We both know who those polls were aimed at....only to stalk and discredit another person for no reason whatsoever, except to be vindictive towards her. There were even threats made.....I'm proud of management who saw fit to stop the attacks.

And I didn't ask for them to be removed either.....but evidently those posters are begging for sympathy and playing the victims.....

@Carla Well....im about over it all. This place is becoming toxic. Seems to do that.

Looks like those bullies and their posts about her got their wish....she's gone. Shame on them, adult men bullying a young woman, even threatening her to get her to leave. They know no shame.....pathetic.

@2622629

Yes she's gone. Two post were put up about her, of course those bullies didn't name her, but anyone that's been here for a while knew who they were talking about. They harassed, stalked and threatened her....so they finally got what they set out to do....she's gone.

Those posts were removed by management and now the posters are whining because they think they did no wrong. Two grown men, bullying one young girl.... and they think it's OK. Pathetic.

@2623041

She's back today....and I'm so happy....can't keep a good girl down.

@2622468

OH, I see. So if only a couple of people think a general sort of post is targeting them, that is grounds for deleting content here?

Well...I did have a post that mentioned a name...so I guess that's just cause...but the others...I don't understand.

The post should still be there....and when you want to comment...they should at least give you a reason on why it's been muted or pulled.

@2622492

Yes...so what's the subtext here....?

@2623042

So it seems, and that has been going on ever since I joined the site over 2yrs ago. That is not what this post is about, though.

This site belongs to the owner. We use it for free. They can remove whatever they want; it's theirs not ours. Besides, does it even matter at all?

@JerryHendrickson This site belongs to the owner. We use it for free. They can remove whatever they want; it's theirs not ours...

Well not exactly. A site generates money through users (ad traffic)

So that's why sites sometimes change to fit the audience

Why yes, it certainly does. That is why I, unlike many others here, very rarely criticize the actual site. That is not what this post is doing, either.

Yes, certain things that go on on the site, do matter some to many of us who use and enjoy it. Since a site like this is nothing without its active members, I believe our input does matter....