-12

During a recent hi-spirited post...I learned that when tempers flare...people stop UpVoting and UpLoving...Amirite?

Why is that? Feelings aside...upVoting and upLoving should proceed as usual. Even/Especially when you disagree with someone...life goes on as normal. Actually...NOT voting or loving telegraphs what your feelings really are....so much for being "cool" and then it also comes across as you being a petty person. Now I know not everyone does both...but some people are more generous that way...or some people just got in the habit of doing it. I mean really? ...what do you lose if you do? Nothing... What do you lose if you don't? An opportunity to your show appreciation of another Amiriter. And somewhere along the line there are points...but let's not think about them...

Image for post **During a recent hi-spirited post...I learned that when tempers flare...people stop UpVoting and UpLoving...//Amirite?//**
Sukiesnows avatar Politics
7 54

I upvote/love for many reasons: I agree with what is being said, or I like the person, or I can see the logic/point in their comment even if I don't agree with it, and so on.
If I don't upvote/love, chances are it's because something was said that doesn't fit right with me or I'm not a big fan of the person, or I just forget it or sometimes I click it and it doesn't appear.
I know not everyone gives votes and loves, so I don't really pay much attention to it. Regardless of how the other person works with the votes and loves, I'll continue doing as I do it.

@2624658

I tried that once. But after awhile...my thinking started to change...and then I also felt other circumstances were effecting my judgement... Like whether I liked the commenter or not...if I liked the post...was it fair not to upVote/Love someone on a difficult post when I did on an easy post...and etc...more judgments... And therefore it got a bit confusing...

It got so I felt I needed a jury to debate the pros and cons...so eventually I decided: enough of this!!

But the most important question is: will you upVote/Love someone's comment if they a) disagree with you and b) if you dislike them but they make good points.

@2625893

Oh...are you saying you posted something on your profile that justifys the way you gauge someone upVote or upLove- worthy? Or on one of your previous posts?

@2625921

Okay...that's what you meant.

I was, also, dealing with merit - in my paragraph block above starting off with: I tried that once (when I said that I was referring to judging comments by merit - I guess I didn't make it clear)

@2625941

Now that sounds real...:)

@2624695

That could be so. I don't know.

@2624695

I do know that getting notifications about upLoves from members of SodaHead - back in it's heyday - warmed my heart and was one of the reasons I joined.

This is partly why I am so avid about it on here.

@2624956

I don't know how important they are to me...but I like the fact that people affirm on here. It's a postitive thing.

I agree about the Top Comment.

Upvotes and loves aren't that important....why worry about who does what or why.

@Sukiesnow It's a positive affirming thing when people UpVote and Love.

I know what it means, but who cares, they really aren't important.

@StarzAbove I know what it means, but who cares, they really aren't important.

The people who might be nonchalant about upVoting/Loving... might be the same people who get ticked off if you forget to upVote and upLove or Favourite them.

People who might be nonchalant about upVoting/Loving... might be the same people who get ticked off if you forget to upVote and upLove or Favourite them.

@2624986

@2624986

Even when you disagree with someone...chances are they had a good point and that is good to recognise.

@2624614

I agree that on my past post...ppl were being too sensitive and taking things too personal...

I only upvote things I actually feel are worth it. Oh and most shit DW posts because I owe him a few from another site :)

I think how many posts or replies to posts we make aren't based on it being high spirited or even the number of people commenting. For me, it's all about content. If a post piques my interest, and there are some interesting comments, I may throw my own thoughts in the ring. If it's a question asking if I like the color blue, (for the 10,000th time) I don't bother opening it.

I don't see any difference...sometimes people do and sometimes they don't..

If someone is below a reply that i've made on a post and they do or don't upvote me....i do or don't upvote them..

Either way.....Coffee.

@DandyDon I don't see any difference...sometimes people do and sometimes they don't.. If someone is below a reply that i've...

Isn't that sort of playing tit for tat?

I don't always UpVote and Love ppl right away...sometimes I go back later...

It all depends on whether I'm using the Full site or the Tablet Version. It's just easier for me to UpVote and upLove in the Tablet Version.

@Sukiesnow Isn't that sort of playing tit for tat? I don't always UpVote and Love ppl right away...sometimes I go back...

Not really, if someone under my reply doesn't up vote me, i might not return to that post..

Some people do always up vote me, so i always up vote them.

That might be tit for tat...but that's okay..

@DandyDon Not really, if someone under my reply doesn't up vote me, i might not return to that post.. Some people do always...

Just FYI...like I said about being on different sites. And also...sometimes ppl don't know these rules...

@2625508

Did you read the whole thread? Obviously not.

@2625523

It makes sense. They are there to be used for a reason...or they wouldn't be there. Does the Mug have the same sort of system?

Funny...just 9 months or so ago...we were all heatedly discussing the Mug...now it's not heard of at all.

@2625779

What do you have against using them?

You're not sleeping, either...or are you just up extraordinarily early?

@2625784

Did post say we were forcing you at Gunpoint? I think not.

Me, neither.

@2625788

Only to people who need to hear it. smirk2 smilie

Well I guess I am petty person then because I ain't gonna do it for the sake that someone feels that I should. My world keeps spinning whether I do it or not. If I don't like the comment...yes I will downvote it. If I like the comment I will love and upvote. When I came here nowhere did I find it was a must in order to be a member here.

🦋

@Lil_Princess Depends on one's comment being made. Some I have no use for at all

So you will upVote a comment that disagrees with you...but it's still a good comment? Or...do you dismiss everything that you don't agree with...? Some ppl do that.

@Sukiesnow So you will upVote a comment that disagrees with you...but it's still a good comment? Or...do you dismiss...

Good is a matter of definition by the person reading it. If the comment is degrading, insulting, hurtful, bossy, rude ect, I will not upvote/love for the same of ones ego

@Lil_Princess Good is a matter of definition by the person reading it. If the comment is degrading, insulting, hurtful, bossy...

Of course, that is a matter of fact. No one is going to upVote or upLove someone obnoxious.

I was just telling someone on this post that part of my reason for joining SodaHead was since someone upVoted me. I felt acknowledged and somewhat validated...it felt as if my input was recognized.

If it wasn't for that upVoting I might never have gotten online, since I didn't see any reason for being online...otherwise.

@Sukiesnow Of course, that is a matter of fact. No one is going to upVote or upLove someone obnoxious. I was just telling...

Doesn't bother me at all of it doesn't happen. Nobody offline is clicking buttons when I say something & I treat the online world the same