Do you enjoy odd food combinations? Bacon & chocolate...Salmon & licorice...Sausage & grape jelly...

Image for post **Do you enjoy odd food combinations?** //Bacon & chocolate...Salmon & licorice...Sausage & grape jelly...//
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
5 33
@JustJimColo NO. LOL

Do you actually try them or does your nose just wrinkle in distaste at the mere thought...like I do?

@Sukiesnow Do you actually try them or does your nose just wrinkle in distaste at the mere thought...like I do?

I've tried a few things that were strange. When I travel in other countries, there are some local dishes I've tried that sounded a bit strange but were ok, or at least I tried them. Some things just don't sound appealing at all, like ketchup on ice-cream, jelly on tuna, etc. There are enough foods out there that I really enjoy to keep my taste buds happy.

@JustJimColo I've tried a few things that were strange. When I travel in other countries, there are some local dishes I've tried...

That's the thing. If it sounds horrifying to the outer or inner nostrils...I'm reluctant to order it in a restaurant...I'd help myself to trying some from someone else...but people are so picky about that sort of thing these days.

Well .... I've been known to dunk my Oreos in my orange juice. It used to make my family cringe. yum smilie

@JanHaskell Well .... I've been known to dunk my Oreos in my orange juice. It used to make my family cringe.

Instead of using water, I've thought about using orange juice to cook pasta in, and see how the pasta would taste...

@Zolfie Instead of using water, I've thought about using orange juice to cook pasta in, and see how the pasta would...

If they say the way to make the best mashed potatoes is by cooking them in cream, butter and some salt...then it wouldn't hurt to do the same to pasta.

@Zolfie Interesting, have you ever heard about anyone trying that? It sounds interesting

No...not someone I know trying it... Who buys that much cream and butter just to boil potatoes?

@2624987

Anything and bacon is amazing! :)

Hmm raspberry poppers :)

Mmmm bacon! ... it goes with everything!
Yeah bacon and chocolate sounds so good!

Not that I'm aware.

@2624787

Especially if you eat a box of Godiva's Chocolates...and a pound of raw bacon in 2 hours. I saw what you did last Christmas...

You spent the next day barfing. Tee hee.

@2624824

I believe it had something to do with a dare...

You were always a bit swayable when it came to dares....

@BlindMist Pickles and peanut butter http://www.amirite.com/753955-p...gether-amirite

I'm gonna try it.

So you posted that during a previous Wave on Amirite.

@Sukiesnow I'm gonna try it. So you posted that during a previous Wave on Amirite.

I just had it a few days ago. Never leaves me disappointed yum smilie

And yup

Since then I've gone on to try

Apples and peanut butter
Grapes and peanut butter

And have come to find out that any fruit with peanut butter is good

I haven't tried the oranges yet, though

@BlindMist Since then I've gone on to try Apples and peanut butter Grapes and peanut butter And have come to find out that...

It's the acidity that cuts through the peanut butter...and the sweetness that enhances the flavour. From many hours of watching "Master Chef"...

@BarbOBarr It can't beat peanut butter and miracle whip mmm.

"Miracle whip is salad dressing. Hellman's is the real deal.

Miracle whip is another word for mayonnaise...amirite?

That sounds good, too.

Vinigar on everything. Hail the Lord of health condiments

Yes...I like BBQ sauce on green beans.

@Azlotto Yes...I like BBQ sauce on green beans.

Oh dear... :) just some butter and nutmeg...