People don't like the word compromise very much. But in lieu of resolution...compromise needs to happen...amirite?

When we deal with people we are always subject to compromise... But at which point does compromise become personal hypocrisy?

Image for post **People don't like the word compromise very much.** //But in lieu of resolution...compromise needs to happen...amirite?//
Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
4 8

I don't have issues with compromising.

I think compromise is positive. The reason many don't like it is that it's framed as "losing", "settling", or "giving in/up". That's not the case. What it actually is or should be, is coming together to reach a mutually fulfilling. beneficial outcome. I think if one person wants to control everything and can't ever listen to what the otehr person wants it's a huge problem in many ways.

In certain things yes but never on core ideological principles

@Willcooper In certain things yes but never on core ideological principles

I guess no one does or there might be more of a response to this post...ha ha ha.

I'm going to go with sometimes compromise "needs" to happen - it's not an always thing, no? :)

Compromise should always be sought and accomplish able. If compromise cannot be reached, then someone isn't trying.

Some people say they want to compromise, but then they'll shoot down any idea where they don't get their own way.