Are you familiar with the philosophy behind anarchy and it's various forms?

Willcoopers avatar Politics
3 16

Not really. I just have this automatic association between anarchy and lawlessness. Is there any sort of social contract with anarchy? To me it seems the evil doers would.. do more evil.

@PhilboydStudge Not really. I just have this automatic association between anarchy and lawlessness. Is there any sort of social...

Anarchy is about the dispersal of power it is true that a dictator could rise and subjugate the people in a void of power however the idea is that all social contracts are based in honor not in law no enforcers just your own conscience

@2625502

More specifically no one with enforced power over others but a nice summary otherwise. After that its split on tactics

@2625519

That statement doesn't entail others. For instance a dictator may follow their will freely and own themselves but not extended the same right to others.

@2625526

You never explicitly stated the terms apply to everyone. Implied meaning is not an actual statement.

Yes - anarchy sucks.

Anarchy, as far as I can tell, is merely a way to construct something new by the process of deconstructing something, that has previously been there and making it anew, without asking for permission to do so. In other words, it's a process of evolution, albeit the word itself does have negative, demeaning and controversial attributes, that are mostly based on the conservatism and the need to uphold the "holy whatever we had before", etc. It's not bad, it's not good, it's a neutral take on things. Sometimes, in order for societies to evolve, people have been radical and for example the United States of America pretty much grew out of anarchy against the power to be.

I have just a vague understanding that its ideology holds to living life free from rule and consequence (?)

Yep I used to consider myself an anarchist.