Have you heard of jainism?

Im a jain so if you have any questions feel free to ask

73% Yes 27% No 0% Other
Willcoopers avatar Religion
4 38

Yea. I'm told that simply killing a spider could make Jains upset.

@PhilboydStudge Yea. I'm told that simply killing a spider could make Jains upset.

Well I would be sad if you did it on purpose, but jains don't get upset about accidents. It's an intentions based form of morality.

@2625684

Well most of them seem pretty peaceful

@2626202

I mean maybe that could happen then I guess ill just move

Yes.
However, my own salvation comes from the sacrifice Jesus made of Himself.

@Budwick Yes. However, my own salvation comes from the sacrifice Jesus made of Himself.

Did you know some jains actually believe in the christian god and jesus. Lots of eastern religions don't have gods but don't say gods don't exist. Jainism is more of a life style than a religion. Basically you a just a super pacifist. The only thing a jain has to believe is that violence is wrong in any form.

@Willcooper Did you know some jains actually believe in the christian god and jesus. Lots of eastern religions don't have gods...

I was speaking about the ancient non theistic Indian religion founded in India in the 6th century BC.

Did you know that ALL Christians accept Jesus Christ as their savior? [It's kind of a prerequisite actually.]

@Willcooper "Non theistic" most jains are also hindu or muslim not just jains.

I never understood the attraction of 'cafeteria style' religion. But, to each his own!

There are actually lots of Buddhists who believe in a christian god and jesus as their savior as well

@Willcooper There are actually lots of Buddhists who believe in a christian god and jesus as their savior as well

That's not been my experience. Buddhists I've spoken with say that Buddhism has little directly to say about Jesus Christ. It does acknowledge what most men do: that He was a great person. For the most part, however, His Gospel teachings are largely ignored and a more convenient Jesus is accepted: one who, along with the Buddha, smiles serenely.

But on the other hand, there is a sense in which Buddhism explicitly rejects Jesus Christ. What Christian belief in a personal Savior from sin represents to Buddhism is a serious form of personal ignorance. Personal Savior? No “person” exists. So what is there to save? And no genuine Savior can exist either, for we must ultimately save ourselves. The central message of Christianity is thus dismissed as remnants of beclouded consciousness.

@Budwick That's not been my experience. Buddhists I've spoken with say that Buddhism has little directly to say about Jesus...

I think you misinterpret how Buddhism frames enlightenment and deities. In Buddhism you are not required to believe in gods but you are not required not to gods are only spoken of in fables to explain a lesson not as literal beings. The Buddha was a hindu for instance but never told people to be hindu. Secondly Buddhists do believe in self improvement but it is not considered done by just the self its through the concept of brama which is the universal good in abstract form. Perhaps in Christianity you'd call it the trinity. The way the buddha spoke of it was that all nations knew the supreme in their own cultural lense but where experiencing it differently.

Yes. Cruelty free. The only other thing I know is there is a Jain temple near Rajasthan...we passed it.

@Sukiesnow Thank you. Extremism is difficult to live with in the long run.

In my opinion if you can't take your belief to its extreme it's not a belief worth having.

@Willcooper In my opinion if you can't take your belief to its extreme it's not a belief worth having.

On the other hand...that can be difficult to live with in the long run.

How many years have you been a Jain?

@Willcooper 4 years but I've always been a pacifist I just wasn't a lactovegitarian my whole life.

4 years isn't bad. Do you get up at 4 a.m. to meditate?

And what would you do if you found out your place had bedbugs?

@Sukiesnow 4 years isn't bad. Do you get up at 4 a.m. to meditate? And what would you do if you found out your place had bedbugs?

Haha no I'm not a monk, but I do meditate every evening before bed.

Just like any other bug pick them up and put them outside.

I'm supprised you haven't asked about potatoes.

@Willcooper Haha no I'm not a monk, but I do meditate every evening before bed. Just like any other bug pick them up and put...

I'm surprised you don't know about bedbugs. You can't just pick them up and put them outside.

Why should I ask about potatoes? It's a nightshade.

@Sukiesnow I'm surprised you don't know about bedbugs. You can't just pick them up and put them outside. Why should I ask...

Well then I'd just throw away that mattress I guess and get a new one or maybe I'd try sleeping on the floor.

Jains don't eat the roots of plants because it will kill them so no potatoes or carrots and so on.

@Willcooper Well then I'd just throw away that mattress I guess and get a new one or maybe I'd try sleeping on the...

Not so easy hon. It takes months...you have to leave the place...it takes sometimes months to steamigate the place...you might have to throw out your winter coats etc...since they burrow in soft thick fabrics.

So you'd end up having to kill them...which is a bad thing for you...right?

@Willcooper Then ill move throw away my clothes and buy new ones

A friend of a friend pretty much had to. And new linens... In this case the insurance was helpful...how about that.

@Willcooper Or maybe ill just not care and let them live with me. Do they carry disease?

Their bites are painful.

While they don't carry any disease I know of...they can travel easily...which is how they get into different apts on other floors.

I would love to be a Jainist to make Budwick mad at me, but unfortunately, I don't have any religion and therefore I can't have anything against him either.

But I heard of JANism

@TomboyJanet But I heard of JANism

Like the greek god of doors janis?