+12

There are many people who claim to be patriotic yet... they don't really do anything for for their country. amirite?

Image for post There are many people who claim to be patriotic yet... they don't really do anything for for their country. amirite?
Mcflys avatar Politics
3 11
The voters have decided that Mcfly is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I think it would be interesting to see what people think is doing something for their country. I served 4 years in the USMC, and have paid my taxes for the last 45 years, and I believe I have been a good citizen. Is that doing enough? Should it be more? What actually makes a person patriotic?

Will_Janitors avatar Will_Janitor Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Will_Janitor I think it would be interesting to see what people think is doing something for their country. I served 4 years in...

That is doing something

I want taking about the countless of "super patriotic" people who claim they are more patirotic than liberals etc yet all they do is... claim they are more patriotic while they sit on their butts

Mcflys avatar Mcfly Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Mcfly That is doing something I want taking about the countless of "super patriotic" people who claim they are more...

I am sure that happens, but both sides generalize too much. Defining what patriotism is would be a good start. Can you be patriotic if you love your country as you suck the free benefits out of it while giving back nothing?

Will_Janitors avatar Will_Janitor Yeah You Are +1Reply

No you're wrong, being patriotic is a love for one's country and would defend it if necessary.

I'm very patriotic, I love my country, but I've never went to war, I've never marched in a parade. But I've raised a good family, lived a good life, paid my taxes and am a good citizen.

I know I can't change the world but figured if I kept my own backyard clean, paid reasonable taxes, raised working taxpayers, wasn't a burden on my country, stand for the flag and pledge to honor my country, I was patriotic.
Mission accomplished.

They think that bitching online and using "clever" terms like libtard strikes a major blow for the common man

TomboyJanets avatar TomboyJanet Yeah You Are +1Reply

says the one who hates his/her country