+9

Surgery on Private Areas... Many girls & women are now getting surgery on their privates...amirite?

Why is this happening? Why are we not okay just the way we are? I don't see as many men hopping on this new trend...

Image for post **Surgery on Private Areas...** //Many girls & women are now getting surgery on their privates...amirite?//
Sukiesnows avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
8 37

How stupid, stupid for any parent to agree to such nonsense.

@StarzAbove How stupid, stupid for any parent to agree to such nonsense.

That's what surprises me the most, what kind of parent would go, sure thing honey get your labia minora cut off by a surgeon because of your silly insecurity on how a vagina should look like which you obviously don't know anything about.

aparently they want the "barbie look" where the small lips are tucked in and don't stick out. This was something that many women are insecure about apparently.

@2630693

I agree...women...not little girls.

I am a trans woman. I am having surgery on my privates to align body and mind with each other.

@2626997

Check the vid below that I posted. Women at age 18 even those as young as 15 in the UK are having vaginoplasty surgeries, leaving doctors baffled why

YouTube video thumbnail This is the video that sparked this post.

@2627097

What do you mean? The people in the video?

@2627107

yeah i guess so, they're pretty cool

Because societally women are usually judged on their looks above all else, especially more so than men. That's what the cosmetics, fashion and every-plasty industry is built on. Men have no reason to, our looks don't matter.

This isn't to say that every single woman does it out of insecurity, I can almost guarantee that's not the case, but it influences the result a lot.

@Skr3wBall Because societally women are usually judged on their looks above all else, especially more so than men. That's what...

Who's going to judge a woman's vagina? It's true that all those industries prey upon women's insecurity, but this is not the case.

From what I've learned from my experience in men's company and in women's company is that women judge the living shit out of other women, about what they said or about how they look, sometimes completely unprovoked to the point it surprised me.

This is not a problem which a surgeon should deal with but a psychologist. Apparently those girls don't know what a vagina should look like.
The doctors were surprised because they used to deal mainly with women with actual defects or accidents. As men we feel lucky to ever get to see and touch a vagina, we're too amazed to judge and how could we? As if we know what a proper vagina should look like.

I can guarantee you that it's 100% insecurity, my girlfriend could be so insecure about such silly things, she things that I'd be disgusted about, she puts that idea in her head despite me never giving her a reason to, in the end she ends up amazed that all those things she was worried about don't even faze me.

And who said that a man's looks don't matter, as if we can walk like dirty cave men and no one will judge you, bullocks.
It's true that we as men are judged less for our looks but everyone judged nonetheless, the better you look the better treatment you get.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Who's going to judge a woman's vagina? It's true that all those industries prey upon women's insecurity, but this...

You're agreeing with me! We both said it's women's insecurity about their bodies! Vaginas do have an "ideal" look (see: porn, it adds a million sex misconceptions) and you know some darn good men if you've never heard a criticism of a woman's vagina. I also keep a pretty kind and appreciative circle, but I've also seen a fair share of harsh words. Regardless of who is instilling the insecurity, women's looks matter way more, and vaginas are not exempt in a ciswoman.

also yes men get judged for their looks but it's so situational where for women you just have to exist and you've got he peanut gallery. I dress pretty extravagantly so my outfits get talked about often, but I see women dressing pretty normal and someone always chimes in with their opinion for some reason. Positive or negative, looks are waaaay more a factor.

for vaginas... it's less of a dinner talk, but it's still talk.

@2630695

I guess because there is a rising incidence, esp in children.

Idk never heard of that

@Willcooper What video?

The one in an upper comment...Sunny's...

@Sukiesnow The one in an upper comment...Sunny's...

Well if it's voluntarily then what's the problem

@Willcooper Well if it's voluntarily then what's the problem

It's about girls who are under 18...a lot of them under 10.

There seems to be a rising incidence.

Between 2015-16, about 200 girls under the age of 18 had this kind of legal labiaplasty in the UK, according to the above clip (at 3:55)
http://www.amirite.com/812758-s...-their/2627085

On the other hand, there were 5,700 cases of this OTHER, illegal, kind:
https://www.theguardian.com/soc...rded-2015-2016

@Sukiesnow Yikes... Triple yikes with a lot of bewilderment.

"The most common time when FGM was undertaken was between the ages of five and nine, accounting for 43% of the total number of cases where the age at the time of being cut was known."

And the figure of 5,700 is only the known cases. Since it is an illegal procedure (a mutilation, really), I suspect a much larger number are done clandestinely.

I watched a documentary about it.

Trishs avatar Trish Agree +2Reply

Some might need it.

Anonymous