Do you know some famous last words? What's this button for...

Or some famous last Darwin stories?

Image for post **Do you know some famous last words?** //What's this button for...//
Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
6 22

It will only take a few minutes....

"I buried the million dollars in—"

US Civil War General John Sedgwick

Among his last words were, "they couldn't hit an elephant at this distance". Moments later he was shot under his left eye and fell down dead.

Evidently at least one of the Confederate sharp shooters that day was up to the task.

@PhilboydStudge US Civil War General John Sedgwick Among his last words were, "they couldn't hit an elephant at this...

Either that, or the good general failed to appreciate the power of a lucky shot.

That may have been why U.S. Grant wore a private's uniform in the field, with his rank stitched on the shoulders, so as not to attract unwelcome attention from sharpshooters.

This snake isn't poisonous....

If anything happens "I love you".

" Kai su teknon? " " you too, my child? " said Caesar on 15 march 44 bc when they killed him and he realised that his son Brutus was also part of the conspiracy. He said his last words in Ancient-Greek.

@Sukiesnow Yes...the otherwise known as "Et tu, Brut?" How tragic.

I don't want to be a pest but it's Brute and not Brut. The vocative of Brutus is Brute.

Sorry for being such a smart-ass :/
It's just that Latin and Greek were so rammed into my head that I still know all that grammar. Our teacher was horribly disciplined and was very severe.

@ThisLadyIsDangerous I don't want to be a pest but it's Brute and not Brut. The vocative of Brutus is Brute. Sorry for being such a...

No...that's okay... I've seen it spelt in different ways.

I was inclined to go the "Brut" route since there is no "e" in Brutus...

"I think I've located the hidden money stash."