Please name a habit that a person who is depressed might lose? As you either experience it or see it...

Image for post **Please name a habit that a person who is depressed might lose?** //As you either experience it or see it...//
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
8 28

I find that depressives can get into a negative thought-process...and it continues to down-spiral...

So I would say that they - not just they - everyone - should be aware of their negative thoughts and change them to something more positive.

Basically you stop doing all kinds of things and lose interest in anything. It might pass a whole day before you realize you didnt even get out of your apartment.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Basically you stop doing all kinds of things and lose interest in anything. It might pass a whole day before you...

Sooo...what is a better habit...if there is indeed a better habit... Initially it might be possible to climb one's way out of a depression... What would you suggest?

You might suggest going out more...but to some depressives...it makes no difference whatsoever.

@Sukiesnow Sooo...what is a better habit...if there is indeed a better habit... Initially it might be possible to climb one's...

The idea to go out is off immediately you realize you're alone, I cant walk around by myself for more than 30 min if Im not doing an errand or something.

@Sunny_the_skeptic The idea to go out is off immediately you realize you're alone, I cant walk around by myself for more than 30 min...

Your computer is subject to horrible spell-check.

Are you saying...what... Go out anyway...perhaps the dark cloud will lift?

@Sukiesnow Your computer is subject to horrible spell-check. Are you saying...what... Go out anyway...perhaps the dark cloud...

what's wrong with the spell check? No I'm saying that even if I forced myself to go out just for the sake of going out all alone with no task I couldn't do it for long.
But yeah that was the idea.

@Sunny_the_skeptic what's wrong with the spell check? No I'm saying that even if I forced myself to go out just for the sake of going...

It's that intuitive spell check that makes up words for people...that's what's wrong with it...

What about the idea You Go Out feeling depressed...You Come Back...feeling still just as depressed... What's your advice then?

I know what mine is.

@Sukiesnow It's that intuitive spell check that makes up words for people...that's what's wrong with it... What about the...

My advice for depression in general is either be too busy or have regular contact and goings with friends.

And I didn't understand a word of what you said about spell check

@Sunny_the_skeptic My advice for depression in general is either be too busy or have regular contact and goings with friends. And I...

This new intuitive spell check makes up words for people while you are merrily typing away...proofread...since I didn't know what you were going on about...i just assumed spell check was dropping words in for you...

I've gotten that from you before. Proofreading might be a good idea. Hon.

Not communicating with anyone where you normally would

Cleanliness.

Yodeling..

@DandyDon Yodeling..

Yodelling or singing...loosens up the Voice chakra...and therefore would be great for someone who is depressed as they tend to also repress.

@Sukiesnow Yodelling or singing...loosens up the Voice chakra...and therefore would be great for someone who is depressed as...

Getting them to do it... is another challenge..

Maybe start them out with the Blues and work their way up to yodeling..

@DandyDon Getting them to do it... is another challenge.. Maybe start them out with the Blues and work their way up to yodeling..

Yes. Music is so important... And learning to sing...exercise your voice is too.

Some depressives have a depressive Voice. When you talk to ppl on the phone you can tell how depressed they are...it shows up in the tone...the resonance...

Pets are good to sing for...

@2628015

You've known ppl who were depressed or perhaps been there yourself. Which habit...or what should ppl who are depressed not do...

@Sukiesnow You've known ppl who were depressed or perhaps been there yourself. Which habit...or what should ppl who are...

Think their depression will never end. I've been there. It's a horrible thing. I thought I would never have a joy filled day again. I'm past it now. I try to help others going thru it.

Was there an article attached to this poll that listed the "26 Habits of People With Depression"? I didn't quite understand what you were looking for here. When I was depressed (before I went on my anti-depressant drug) I just lost interest in doing the things that I used to enjoy doing. So basically my joy of life was totally gone and I was suicidal.

@goblue1968 Was there an article attached to this poll that listed the "26 Habits of People With Depression"? I didn't quite...

It would have been nice if there was an article attached to Google gifs.

Thanks for asking...I realize the post is not clear...however...since there is STILL a stigma about depression I didn't want to ask what I really wanted to.

I was just asking for ppl to give advice to ppl who might be depressed...especially what they shouldn't do....

Do you come back and check your notifications?

The best advice I can offer is to do what I did. Go for an evaluation with a psychiatrist to diagnose the particular type and degree of depression you are suffering. That will narrow down the correct choice and dosage of anti-depressant medication to take.

The medication that I am taking now works fantastic! But I know that I still need to take it because I recently foolishly let my medication supply run out during a weekend and my symptoms started to return before I could get a new prescription filled.

@goblue1968 The best advice I can offer is to do what I did. Go for an evaluation with a psychiatrist to diagnose the...

Yes... But you will be medicated for your lifetime...do you think?

What did ppl do in the olden days? Or is this just new to our time?

@Sukiesnow Yes... But you will be medicated for your lifetime...do you think? What did ppl do in the olden days? Or is this...

You're right, I will need my medication for the foreseeable future, but I found out the hard way that I can't live without it. I formerly took a much higher daily dose than I do now, but the psychiatrist I was seeing scaled down the dosage to the level that worked the best for me.

I don't know what people did in the olden days. The med that I use was invented in 1993, and I'm glad I have found it. This med regulates the serotonin level acting in the brain and is effective for treating not only depression, but also anxiety and panic attacks. I used to get panic attacks before I found this med and I don't ever want to have those again!

Anonymous