Please name some staples you must have in your kitchen. Pickles, onions, garlic...

Image for post **Please name some staples you //must// have in your kitchen.** //Pickles, onions, garlic...//
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
6 27

Salt, pepper, potatoes, vegetable oil, eggs, bread, cereal.

I always have chicken, garlic, potatoes, onions, parm, cheddar, eggs, bacon, olive oil, butter, some sort of pasta(i think i have bowtie and linguini) tomatoes, lettuce...cat food and dog food:)

@Sukiesnow Funny...non of us caffeine addicts have said coffee...

Ha! You're right.
I guess having coffee is like having salt and pepper. Always have to have it.

There are a lot of spices. Garlic, olive oil, and whatever fresh veggies trip my trigger at the time. 😁

Depends on your style of cooking, I make sure I always have black pepper, red pepper, curry, garlic dust, soy sauce.... um a Bulgarian spice I'm pretty sure you don't have called " чубрица " I like to experiment with spices, especially if I cook something meaty.

In the summer I make sure I have enough water, I pour it in glass bottles so they get cold faster in the fridge, I try to have vegetables so I can make salads for which I need to have some olive oil and um white cheese, still don't know if you have that one. I like to drink milk so I get that too, summer's hot so that means some beer, I guess also some bread, not to forget a mixture of tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, it's a thick red paste we call лютеница you're not Bulgarian if you don't love that. Last but not least meat, I'm pretty much a carnivore so I gotta have some meat too.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Depends on your style of cooking, I make sure I always have black pepper, red pepper, curry, garlic dust, soy...

Seeing your post prompted me to mention that my father's family was Russian and his brothers married Polish women so I was exposed to Russian and Polish food when I went to family get-togethers. I have been meaning to make some borscht from scratch again real soon (but I have to remember to put on latex gloves before I handle the beets so my fingers don't get stained so bad as they did the last time I did that).

@Sukiesnow Garlic dust? another word for garlic powder? What's your blood type?

I'm not a native English speaker, as good as my English has become it's not perfect and there are many things I don't know the words for, so I guess it's called garlic powder, in both cases powder and dust are similar in meaning.

I'm B+ why?

@Sunny_the_skeptic I'm not a native English speaker, as good as my English has become it's not perfect and there are many things I...

Garlic dust sounds a lot purer than garlic powder...which has crap in it...

I was going to tell you about your blood type...but it's too interesting and a fair bit to read...so if you have some time...Google "Eating For your Blood Type - B+"

@Sukiesnow Garlic dust sounds a lot purer than garlic powder...which has crap in it... I was going to tell you about your...

I've heard about that blood type thing, I dont buy it, your blood type is determined by 3 genes A B O.
Garlic powder\dust is just supposed to be dried garlic ground into powder.

@Sunny_the_skeptic I've heard about that blood type thing, I dont buy it, your blood type is determined by 3 genes A B O. Garlic...

Garlic powder has preservatives in it...sulphites or something.

You don't have to buy it...just read it...it's interesting reading. They talk about people originally coming from Africa and moving out from there...tells how B pluses moved out towards the area where you are from...

Our kitchen doesn't work unless we have onions, garlic and mushrooms. Basic salad ingredients, cheese, hard boiled eggs, tomatoes and lettuce. Butter is also a must. We are all about food anyway.

COFFEE! And then salt and fresh peppercorns in a pepper mill, a garlic bulb, onion, fresh fruit of some type, eggs, flour, sugar, milk, fresh tomatoes, corn and flour tortillas, jalapeno peppers vegetable oil, popcorn.

After reading the posts above, I realized that I forgot to list pasta, cheese, and butter when I posted my list at the top of the poll.

Onions,garlic,and pepper

Onions, garlic, bell peppers for sure..