Willcoopers avatar
5 31

Well, everyone tries to sell their ideas, that's just human nature, but propaganda is an organized effort. It used to be something governments did, but now it seems to have moved beyond that, it spans borders, it has it's own agenda. For want of a better term, it could be called the conspiracy.

One of the things you should understand when it comes to propaganda and brainwashing is the principle of "full spectrum dominance," it's a term that expresses the military's desire to dominate all aspects of the battlespace.

In the battlespace of political discourse, the conspiracy's goal is to control every side of the debate. And that's what they do, in all sorts of ways, some of which are obvious, others very subtle, I doubt I even know most of them. Mix that in with all the organic activity in politics and you have the lovely mess we all enjoy so much.

@Maze Well, everyone tries to sell their ideas, that's just human nature, but propaganda is an organized effort. It used...

If there are multiple sides to choose from doesn't that mean that no one ideal is being enforced. Isnt propaganda being forced to think a certain way

@Willcooper If there are multiple sides to choose from doesn't that mean that no one ideal is being enforced. Isnt propaganda...

It's not about getting everyone to agree on the same ideal, on the contrary, they need to keep the public fighting with each other. If the public ever gets together, we might start focusing on what's really important and working together. They don't want that.

Their influence is about advancing the same broader agenda by using various groups to play into it in various ways. Even their operatives don't understand the big picture, they're just pawns who think they're doing the right thing.

@Maze Control.

Is that all? What point is controlling people if you have no plan to use that control to an end?

@Willcooper Is that all? What point is controlling people if you have no plan to use that control to an end?

Money and power. I've heard talk of population control, mind control chips and global government, but I think that's just an extension of the primary agenda.

I've heard that there are non-physical entities that feed on negative energy, and they are allied with the conspiracy through black magic rituals and stuff. The conspiracy gets wealth and power, the entities get negative emotions to feed on.

Who knows how accurate that is, but it would explain a fair bit of their decision making. Personally I don't think there really needs to be an agenda besides money and power to motivate people to conspire to fuck other people over, but I'm not ruling it out as a possibility.

@Maze Money and power. I've heard talk of population control, mind control chips and global government, but I think...

Well money and power are essentially tools to control. Control for the sake of control is stupid. If you have control but never use it for anything but to gain more control then what good is it. It like a god with infinite power who does nothing.

As to negative energy feeding entities and black magic I think their are more efficient way to meet those ends than politics I mean if you have magic and evil entities of great power why not take more direct methods

@Willcooper Well money and power are essentially tools to control. Control for the sake of control is stupid. If you have...

It's easy to say control for the sake of control is stupid when you're not the one enjoying the benefits of being in control. They live like gods... and they intend to keep it that way.

As for the non-physical entities, like I said, I don't know how true that is, but presumably they prefer to influence influential people. It's probably a matter of effort vs payoff, they prefer to focus their energy where it has the greatest effect.

@Maze It's easy to say control for the sake of control is stupid when you're not the one enjoying the benefits of being...

Maybe but no power or money can grant happiness. Power can be a curse I know that's why I avoid it at all costs.

@Willcooper Maybe but no power or money can grant happiness. Power can be a curse I know that's why I avoid it at all costs.

With power comes responsibility, and that can be hard, but it also comes with comfort and privilege, and that's pretty nice.

Power used beneficially can be extremely rewarding, but using power for evil is inwardly destructive. They come to hate themselves in spite of themselves - they don't want to hate themselves, but they know what they've done - so they try to repress the part of themselves that cares, and it makes them kind of dead inside.

The lesson there is not to avoid power at all costs, but to avoid abusing power at all costs. Because we all have some power, just don't abuse the power you have.

@Maze With power comes responsibility, and that can be hard, but it also comes with comfort and privilege, and that's...

The less power you have the less you can abuse it. Power must be gained for a purpose and I have no purpose that requires more power.

@Willcooper The less power you have the less you can abuse it. Power must be gained for a purpose and I have no purpose that...

Even people with a tiny shred of power can abuse it, heck, just having the ability to speak gives you power that can be abused. And the more you accomplish in life, the more power you'll acquire. The key is to use that power wisely.

Someone has to be in control, otherwise there's chaos, so whenever you're called on to play the role of boss, be a good boss. Be fair, be honest, have compassion and love for those you have power over. Because even in the tiniest forms of power, there is the opportunity to feel good about how you used it or to feel bad about how you used it. So focus on how you use it because you cannot escape it.

@Willcooper Well I've escaped so far

No you haven't, you have a voice, I assume you spend money, so you have power, and you will as long as you live. You might as well embrace it and make the best of it, because you can't avoid it.

When it requires you to blindly believe something instead of to get to a conclusion using rational logical though

An example I can think of would be a school class having a mandatory social studies class that covers all religions and explains their beliefs and history vs a mandatory class that pushes one particular religion and says this is the only one.

@OzSurfer An example I can think of would be a school class having a mandatory social studies class that covers all religions...

Oz, I've often heard about that from some people about school. From my memory of school, religion was never discussed at all, outside the context of history and how some people came to the US for religious freedom. There was never any discussion or mention of "what" people believed or doctrine. There was never any mention of one religion being the "true" religion over another.
Was I just skipping class on those days, or did it really happen in some schools? I went to a small town school.

@Willcooper I once went to a private Christian school that said Christianity is the only true religion

Private religious schools are expected to teach a belief or a doctrine. That's one of the reasons why parents pay the bucks. I'm sure there are private religious schools for every religion imaginable. You get taught, what your parents selected for you, when going to a private school. There are also private schools that don't teach any religion.

@JustJimColo Oz, I've often heard about that from some people about school. From my memory of school, religion was never...

My public schools were the same too Jim, religion was never forced. I was just using that as an example that I could think of. I was sent to a private boarding school where it was forced but then the school was designed for that. I also went to a private catholic school for my last two years and I'm not religious but it was a great school, very respectful of others beliefs and the exact opposite of my horribly boarding school experience.

When ever you take on any idea that isn't your own you've been brainwashed

By this i mean to encourage thinking by yourself and making your own decision i dont see that as bad, its like forcing freedom one excludes the other

Whenever someone decides they dissagree with you - so it seems.

When it's forced on you.

Anonymous