What is your favorite smell memory from childhood?

I was bringing in some laundryu and it made me feel so happy. Bleach and sunshine. That what I remember most about my Dad. He always wore a bright white shirt to work even his t shirts were bright white and smelled of bleach and sunshine. What is your favorite smell from childhood?

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar Animals & Nature
5 28
@2628069

Sure Bub: You didn't know it was bad just fun so your memory is strong and good. Thank you for commenting. LL

@2628087

Gronk wonderful, I remember some girls I knew used musk it smelled YUCK, but when I smell that I remember those girls fondly. crs smilie

Growing up, my family kept the Christmas decorations in a box in the basement. And so every year we'd open it up to pull out all the decorations. The smell of that box really takes me back. Many fond memories of Christmases past.

@Maze Growing up, my family kept the Christmas decorations in a box in the basement. And so every year we'd open it up to...

Maze that is wonderful, Anything I had in the cellar got a mouldy smell, so I hope yours is better than mine. thank you for your answer. LLh smilie

@2628151

Will . Another good one, do you get hungry?

Fart.

Smells funny, doesn't it?

My grandma's garden. I spent most of my childhood playtime there among her many flowers, fruit trees, and veggies. My special domain was up in the plum tree. I'll never forget the wonderful, ever-changing fragrances of that place.

@JanHaskell My grandma's garden. I spent most of my childhood playtime there among her many flowers, fruit trees, and...

I like that one. My nanna had kerosene heating oil for her kitchen stove. I always think of kerosene when I think of her house. Plus my dad told a lot of stories about it too. Like when he fell into fresh tarered road his dad wiped him off with kerosene and sent him off to schoo. Another dad had stepped on an old rusty nail his dad soaked a rag in kerosene and pulled it thru ouch!! How did people live thru these things? Today if a kid stepped on a puddle of kerosene they would arest the parents and send the kid to a decontamination facility LOL

The smell of rain on a recently worked field on the farm. That or the smell of freshly cut hay.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Nice I never have smelled something I would think of as a rain smell.

On the plains, you can smell the rain coming. It's an earthy smell when you are down wind of it. When it first starts to rain and the dust is still in the air but getting wet, you can smell it.

@JustJimColo On the plains, you can smell the rain coming. It's an earthy smell when you are down wind of it. When it first...

OH I have never been out there. Around here you always smell a sulfer egg smell when there is a storm coming from the north. There was a stinkin papermill that has now gone but the smell remains.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred OH I have never been out there. Around here you always smell a sulfer egg smell when there is a storm coming...

Location does make a difference Lorraine. Where I grew up, is probably 150 miles from the closest manufacturing of anything. (unless you count cattle feedlots, and they manufacture their own smells)

Bacon & eggs

The smell of Lego Blocks... early in the morning..