+3

This is my opinion....

Sorry, marko...........................................................
Here we are, so many people trapped in such a tiny country (sarcasm). There is so much going on in this world that is truly concerning. Dictators, dictating. Psychopaths, being psycho. And here we are, with freedoms others envy. Enough food and water to throw away and contaminate. We have the ability to come together in crisis. But we still cant seem to leave alone the many differences that make us human. So divided are we that we can look the other way and make excuses for horrible acts. All of this isnt about the border, healthcare and taxes. It goes much deeper, to dark places.

Carlas avatar People & Celebrities
10 25

Are you writing in Braille again? I see the words, but fail to understand the meaning behind them.

Well said.

@Lil_Princess Well said.

:)
Few seem to see it:[

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply
@Carla :) Few seem to see it:[

:)

Sadly I see that. I have the same view as you do. We tend to view the small things rather than the bigger picture.

Are you saying we don't spend enough time and energy on the good things going on in our lives?

@Sukiesnow Are you saying we don't spend enough time and energy on the good things going on in our lives?

I didnt say that, but that too, is true.
We spend too much time concerning ourselves with what others are. As though they affect our lives. When really, they dont.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@Sukiesnow So your mom and your gf...they affect your life...

Of course they do.
Outside our spectrun/circle.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@Carla Of course they do. Outside our spectrun/circle.

Oh...you were talking about people in the world in general...

I'm just not sure what you mean when you say "As though they affect our lives. When really, they don't."

"Strangers" don't affect our lives?

@Carla I mean... No..you know exactly what i mean.

I think I do. But to be clear...even tho it doesn't really affect our lives...we are still part of this world...and must in that way... weigh in and give our measure about what is going on.

@Sukiesnow I think I do. But to be clear...even tho it doesn't really affect our lives...we are still part of this world...and...

Things that affect us all, yes.

But my ethnic background, faith/lack of faith, sexual preference, gender, gender identity, eduacation/lack of education shouldnt and do not have anything to do with the other lives in this world.

Who i am, does not impact who you are or who you choose to be. So...why put so much energy (not you) into opposition.

I get hating someones politics. But dont hate for the aforementioned human characteristics.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@Carla Things that affect us all, yes. But my ethnic background, faith/lack of faith, sexual preference, gender, gender...

Carla. You and I have chatted a few times and while we agree on some things, there are other things we have agreed to disagree on and leave it that. (That is why we can have some good, amicable, intelligent conversations.)
I think where so much turmoil comes into play with people is when people refuse to agree to disagree and demand the other person agrees with their views on ethnic background, faith/lack of faith, sexual preference, gender, gender identity, eduacation/lack of education.

@JustJimColo Carla. You and I have chatted a few times and while we agree on some things, there are other things we have agreed...

I never wish to force my beliefs on anyone.

But i sure dont wish for anyone to go to the streets to a violently display their views regarding their rejection of them.
No do i wish for anyone to violently display their views supporting them.

Hate me for what i do that effects you, not for who i am.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply

People either get it or they don't...and if they don't, i'm not arguing with them about it..they can argue amongst their selves..

That seems to keep them happy anyway..

@2628755

That's it. People dont need to act, insult, degrade or minimize.

As far as attraction..... people dig the types they dig. Blonde or redheaded. Voluptuous or lean. Leggy or petite. Dark skinned or pale.
I just hope you would reject a woman of color as a lover, but not as a person. If so, there is nothing racist about it.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@2628867

Either way. You are sexually attracted to who you are sexually attracted to. There are hosts of people i would reject as lovers. Doesnt make those people lesser than me.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
Anonymous