0

Sexual orientation is a spectrum. Straight, gay, bi, lesbian do not cover the bases. Sexuality is a scale that can change throughout life because of new discoveries about yourself and others or because of new experiences. Very few people fall strictly under one label. Most people have a sexuality that falls somewhere in the grey zone leaning stronger to either black or white but most people's sexuality is not strictly black or white.

ThisLadyIsDangerouss avatar Relationships
5 53

Ive know since i can remember. No grey areas.
Being from the era i am from, i tried very hard to be what was expected.
But......always knew.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply
@2628565

I think it's so others know who to hit on :)

@2632995

It is a bit silly

Like I always say I'm bi, and I can't even conceive of the concept of not finding an entire gender hot

@2628564

Gender identity has nothing to do with sexual orientation.

@2628749

I am intersex and I take offense to this around .7% of the population is neither male or female.

To me, there is, and always has been, two genders. Man and woman. I don't really care if a man wants to be with another man or a woman wants to be with another woman. To me, that is a conscious choice and I'm fine with that. Preferences are simply that. Preferences. What am tired of is people trying to justify their choices by claiming it is biological, or that a person has the brain of the opposite sex. They don't. I think a lot more heterosexuals would be more accepting of gays if they just simply said they preferred their own sex and left it at that. They have the brain of the sex they are born as. Everything else is a choice. Claiming it is anything else is just an attempt to divert responsibility for a person's own choice to claim it's not a choice at all.
To some of us heterosexuals, it has become pretty confusing. A man, who claims to be a woman trapped in a man's body, but who considers themselves straight even though they prefer men, and won't classify themselves as gay, because they are really a woman inside?????.....

How could you know whether sexuality is a spectrum if you haven't experienced every sexual orientation? It's really weird for me to think that this can ever change, most people know pretty sure what they are since childhood or at least that's what I've been told by every gay person I've talked to.

This is an interesting discussion. The problem is that people only know what they experience and understand. My gender and sexual orientation have always been the same which makes it harder for me to understand someone who is not like me. I have always been straight and have always been a guy, but I believe I don't have to experience or understand why someone else is different. I just accept that they are doing and feeling what is best for them. I don't feel threatened by what other people do sexually and they should not threatened by me. I really don't care or think about their sexuality or gender.

I feel like you are born one way or the other. It is that black and white, though if you are bi you may be a little confused to what you really want so then it gets all colorful.

@2633458

If straight cisgender people start accepting LGBT people and LGBT people start to integrate in society better then we don't have a problem. I integrated into society as a straight woman. People accept me and I accept them. That's how a society works. Throwing mud at each other is not good for anything.

This must be a record. A young new guy comes to the site, wanting to be accepted as a woman, is a member for 16 hours, and has already down voted everyone's opinions to his posts. LOL I think he has more problems than just wanting to be something he can never be.

@JustJimColo This must be a record. A young new guy comes to the site, wanting to be accepted as a woman, is a member for 16...

Hey darling,

you can misgender me however much you want.

Facts stay that :

I'm very passable and conventionally attractive as a woman. I could easily have hidden my trans status but chose not to.

I never get misgendered in daily life and have had many sexual interactions with straight cis males who I never told anything and who didn't pick up on anything. Like I said, I'm passable and attractive.

I am certainly not going to worry what a stranger on the internet thinks about me when in reality I am already accepted as a woman by everyone I meet in my daily life. People who have not been told about my trans status.

Hugs :-*

@ThisLadyIsDangerous Hey darling, you can misgender me however much you want. Facts stay that : I'm very passable and conventionally...

"have had many sexual interactions with straight cis males who I never told anything and who didn't pick up on anything."

And when one of those straight guys who you have been deceiving, does discover you are really a man, and you get beat to within an inch of your life, you will claim it's his fault.

Why is it that people who claim to be transgender have to lie about their sex to get a partner? (Like you stated above)

https://www.advocate.com/transg...enced-12-years

I personally haven't experienced that "most" people are in the gray area, I feel like fitting under a distinct label of straight/gay/bi is more common than pan (especially being straight), but I do agree it's a spectrum, but I think most people end up in the binary.

Maybe by 2050 with more people (ideally) coming out, the numbers may present themselves more obviously.

I like cock. Well, mine to be precise. I usually stick it in places, most of which aren't helicopters.

It's a binary thing. Boy - Girl - Period.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@Budwick It's a binary thing. Boy - Girl - Period.

My post wasn't about gender but about sexual orientation. Two things that have nothing to do with each other.

@Budwick In the real world, that is a distinction without a difference.

No. Sexual orientation and gender identity are two completely different things unless you have never heard of LGBT people but I'm sure you have.

@ThisLadyIsDangerous No. Sexual orientation and gender identity are two completely different things unless you have never heard of LGBT...

So, the definition depends on my familiarity with LGBT? Wow, no wonder you guys are so confused.

Lesbian - Girls that like girls
Gay - Boys that like boys
Bi - No preference - go both ways.
Trans - What ever they are, they want to be different.

Still - the mix is about boys and girls.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@Budwick So, the definition depends on my familiarity with LGBT? Wow, no wonder you guys are so confused. Lesbian - Girls...

We are not confused. We know who we are.

You know who is confused? People who believe in a dude who walked on water and opened the see.

Trans is not about wanting to be different. We were born this way. Enough scientific evidence to back it up. Look up dr Swaab and his research regarding trans brains.

My point was that gender identity has not a fuck to do with sexual orientation.

Who you feel attracted to has nothing to do with who you feel yourself to be.

Thanks.

@ThisLadyIsDangerous We are not confused. We know who we are. You know who is confused? People who believe in a dude who walked on...

My point about Trans - "Trans - What ever they are, they want to be different." was that they want to be different than what they already are. Given the number of options .... trying to save words.

Are you of the opinion that 'People who believe in a dude who walked on water and opened the see.' are confused about your gender?

And finally, you are welcome.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply

I'm intersex. There are more than two genders and people like me have always existed. Unless your implying no one would be attracted to someone like me.

I have always loved the opposite sex.More then a few people fall under the same label.

hootowls avatar hootowl Disagree 0Reply

Labels are constructs others create, but actual gender is physiological, even with hermaphrodites.

lol so now you liberals admit its a choice not something your born with?

@Anonymousmouse lol so now you liberals admit its a choice not something your born with?

Not a choice to be LGBT. Unless you live somewhere in the bible belt. There you get taught that it's a choice but in a modern scientifically driven world it's not seen as a choice. Gracias.

this has nothing to do with choice, nothing in the post said that. It's something you're born with that becomes more clear with experience and age.

@Skr3wBall this has nothing to do with choice, nothing in the post said that. It's something you're born with that becomes...

If one day your straight the next your gay and the next your bi its pretty obvious it's a freaking choice not something your born with.
Being a homosexual is it's much something your born as as a serial killer. It's a choice. Period

@2633475

I take hormones since 2 years and I'm perfectly healthy. Once I hit 60 doctors will switch me to menopause medication. I'm 21 now, started at 19. Who knows what technology there is still to come. I hope that in a few years time I can be given lab grown ovaries. I am not suicidal either. I'm very happy with my new life. It's mostly trans people who start in their 30's, 40's and 50's who end up considering suicide because usually they are too old to successfully transition. I started as a late teenager. In not even 6 months of times I already looked like a genetic female. People are not able to tell that I'm trans. You can look at my profile picture and the other two pics I have up here. If you start young a transition can be very successful. Especially if you have people in your environment who support you.

I do agree that many LGBT members have mental problems but that's not because of their LGBT identity. It's because of how society reacts to it.

And also, like I said before : age. Coming out when you are still young gives better chances to live a happy life than coming out at older ages. Old people have too much baggage already : children who won't accept them, a wife / husband who doesn't support them, their jobs that are at danger, being mocked for not being passable as their desired gender in case of trans people,....

So, somewhere I follow your reasoning but not completely. Transitioning at young age is significantly healthier than transitioning at young age.

Someone like Caitlyn / Bruce Jenner who transitioned at age 65 is of course not going to be accepted as a woman anymore after having lived as a man for so long. Someone transitioning in their teenage years or early twenties can have a successful transition. I am living proof of it and for example Jazz Jennings is also proof of it.

@Anonymousmouse If one day your straight the next your gay and the next your bi its pretty obvious it's a freaking choice not...

Okay first of all, it's generally not day to day.
Second, being day to day doesn't denote that it's a choice. If you like reality TV, then the next day finding cartoons to be better, then the day after you prefer to watch sports... then that's just how it is! You aren't actively saying "I currently enjoy this now and that's just how it is", sometimes your preferences just change or you feel different ways different days. People change and grow. Not everything that happens in your life will be a choice.
Third, why in the WORLD would you chose to be anything other than straight???