-16

A nice person is someone who just hasn't faced the right tests.

There is no such thing as a true nice person.

Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
9 47

Some of the nicest people I've ever known are those who have faced the most tragic and challenging test in life.

JanHaskells avatar JanHaskell Disagree +11Reply

Nope. I know people who I consider nice and they won't stop being nice just because they have a hard choice to make. The way to know is on the reaction. A nice person will feel guilty or regret or just bad over having to make a choice they wouldn't make if they had the chance.

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +8Reply

A nice person is someone who just doesn't feel like hurting someone, who prefers to avoid conflict because it's not nice

@Sukiesnow That's good?

Yes sure, why wouldn't it be? When a person says to themselves - Why shouldn't I punch this guy straight in the jaw? The nice person thinks to themselves - Naaaaah

@Sunny_the_skeptic Yes sure, why wouldn't it be? When a person says to themselves - Why shouldn't I punch this guy straight in the...

The even nicer person says: why don't we sit down and talk about this dissension between us.

@Sukiesnow The even nicer person says: why don't we sit down and talk about this dissension between us.

What i want to say is that the nice person doesnt enjoy hurting others and has no desire for it

@Sunny_the_skeptic What i want to say is that the nice person doesnt enjoy hurting others and has no desire for it

Moot point but...from your previous example I took it to mean you meant that a "nice person doesn't enjoy hurting others" in a physical manner... You never referred to emotional hurt. Amirite?

@Sunny_the_skeptic I meant both

So why was your example illustrating just a physical hurt, then? If you meant both...you sure didn't express it.

@Sukiesnow So why was your example illustrating just a physical hurt, then? If you meant both...you sure didn't express it.

Well you're right, my example was about physical, but in truth I should have included the wish not to hurt anyone be it physically or mentally.

@2628809

Tests that help see human nature clearly.

@2629681

Possibly rape...other abuse...being victimized...things of that nature.

@2629685

I like how you presume to jump to conclusions.

@2631295

Conclude all you wish.

@2631300

Methinks your view of humanity is a bit skewed. is either a presumption or a conclusion.

Why do you do this?

@2631305

Yes...there can be a shady aspect to human nature.

@2631849

I don't recall saying it was the only aspect I used to define human nature.

@2631865

I did not define that as an absolute.

Good night. See ya later.

We're graded on a curve. Some of us are considered relatively nice and some of us are not.

There are plenty of nice people around, who try to treat others like they want to be treated.

I consider myself nice, I had good parents that set a good example for me and my siblings.....no one can be nice 24/7..... that would be impossible.

If anything, being nice, kind, empathetic, can only come from tests and adversity.

Trishs avatar Trish Disagree +6Reply

I've been through many tests which made me a nicer person.

Mashas avatar Masha Disagree +6Reply

Totally disagree. It is often the trials and tests of life that make a person nice.

beachbums avatar beachbum Disagree +6Reply

Nobody's perfect, but there are genuinely pleasant people out there.

So all people that pass these 'tests' become twisted and evil yeah?

@AliceD So all people that pass these 'tests' become twisted and evil yeah?

No...but they do become ''clearer'' and possibly less nice.

@Sukiesnow No...but they do become ''clearer'' and possibly less nice.

I don't really see the point in " My life has been shit to me so I will be shit to this random person who's totally irrelevant and innocent just because I can" . I'd never take my anger on someone else, even if I do I'd do my best to apologize. I've been heavily bullied in elementary school, that doesn't stop me from being nice to people who didn't do anything to me.

or is someone who's faced those tests and has chosen to be nice, regardless.

Interesting...

They could be nice because they don't want to reciprocate wrongs done to them, because they know how it feels when someone is not nice.

Vrendowls avatar Vrendowl Disagree 0Reply

There's no such thing as being nice 24/7..