Can fastfood cause problems with your digestive system? Every time after I eat something that's fastfood my stomach and bowels are upset. I wonder if this could be directly linked to fastfood? Can fastfood do this to some people?

82% Yes, it can 6% No, it can't 12% Other
ThisLadyIsDangerouss avatar Food & Drink
8 19

Yes they can. I don't have any trouble, but there was a time when I problems after eating at a salad bar.

@StarzAbove Yes they can. I don't have any trouble, but there was a time when I problems after eating at a salad bar.

When I make the same food at home I don't seam to get sick from it but when I buy it at McDonalds or another fastfood chain like IKEA or so I seam to be getting so sick from it. Heavy pains in the stomach and nauseous. Also bowel problems.

@ThisLadyIsDangerous When I make the same food at home I don't seam to get sick from it but when I buy it at McDonalds or another...

It's something they put in the fast foods, I guess. Is it hamburger or what item is it that makes you ill?

@StarzAbove It's something they put in the fast foods, I guess. Is it hamburger or what item is it that makes you ill?

Hamburger and hotdogs usually. When I have only one of either of those I get really sick from it. I thought it could be the colorants and preservatives they put in them but maybe it's something else since I don't get it from say a pizza or so.

I love eating my fast food slowly.

Pizzas are my favorite. Ingestion takes time, so have no need to rush it, purposefully. Most problems are caused by hasty eating habits.

ZonkeyBallss avatar ZonkeyBalls Yes, it can +4Reply

Many people have adverse reactions to msg. Most fast food contains it.

@Carla Many people have adverse reactions to msg. Most fast food contains it.

What is msg?

I ate a hamburger. It's after hamburgers that I seam to feel so sick each time. Problems with my stomach and nausea.

Just a guess but it sounds like you are sensitive to processed carbohydrates which exists in high quantities in fast foods, so basically white bread with all the nutrients and fibre removed and sugar in everything. I have a mild IBD problem which never really bothers me unless I eat those two things. Pizza is probably the worst although I love pizza so I've learned how to get away with eating it on rare occasions with less cheese, a thin base and eat vegetables or salad with it.

OzSurfers avatar OzSurfer Yes, it can +3Reply

Its not really a wonder, its not healthy, your stomach is reacting badly to an ingredient, could be gastrointestinal reflux

Yes. Our bodies just can't handle certain kinds of foods, especially foods that we're not used to eating. I used to live in a very small town, and would only have fast food once every 6 months, if that. Whenever I was in the city, I'd have some fast food, and not long after that it would make me nauseous and give me the runs. Pretty much everything I ate was a home cooked meal, even the restaurant in town had food that was basically like a home cooked meal. Now that I live in the city, I eat fast food every week or two at least, and I don't get that feeling from it anymore.

Fast food can take additives and other flavour enhancer ingredients you are allergic to... Sulphites and MSG.

Exactly why i don't eat a lot of fast food..

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Yes, it can -1Reply