OK who is insulted by a very old horse and man riding it? I guess the USA is getting so weird that ONLY BLACK LIVES AND OPINIONS MATTER?? Jeesh It is an old monument Some like it some don't GET A GRIP!!!

I don't care one way or the other but if I had always seen an old monument near me I would like to continue seeing it there. Don't like it stay out of that park.

Why would Charlottesville racists do so much to protect a Robert E. Lee statue?Confederate monuments are themselves a form of terrorism.http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-smith-charlottesville-statue-20170814-story.htmlImage for post OK  who is insulted by a very old  horse and man riding it?    I guess the USA    is getting so  weird that ONLY BLACK LIVES AND OPINIONS MATTER??  Jeesh  It is an old  monument  Some like it some don't GET A GRIP!!!
LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar Sports
2 50
@2630509

Gronk That is Interesting to know democrats wanted slavery and now democrats want to keep the welfare roles full allowing unfettered welfare babies to continue generation after generation. .

The statue is a piece of history, just like the Lenin statue in Seattle, or all the Lenin statues that are still standing in countries like Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, etc... Even though communism was a living hell for most people in the eastern bloc, it's a part of history. Some countries even have communism museums to show what their people had to deal with during those times. Auschwitz is another example: they don't keep it up to glorify what the Nazis did, they keep it up as a museum, and as a reminder to never let anything like that happen again.
Destroying these statues would be like walking into a museum and destroying any relics from unpleasant moments in time.

@Thedudeyouhatetomeet The statue is a piece of history, just like the Lenin statue in Seattle, or all the Lenin statues that are still...

Agree! Just like ISIS is destroying monuments and ancient religious sites in the middle east. It's the same mind set.

@Budwick Agree! Just like ISIS is destroying monuments and ancient religious sites in the middle east. It's the same mind set.

You got that right. ...If these people are allowed to continue there will be nothing of historic memorabilia left in the world. There has to be a way to stop this destruction and I hope someone finds it soon.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred You got that right. ...If these people are allowed to continue there will be nothing of historic memorabilia...

Yup - Looks like nearly half of the founding fathers owned slaves. Are we gonna take down statues of George Washington next? Thomas Jefferson?

@Budwick Yup - Looks like nearly half of the founding fathers owned slaves. Are we gonna take down statues of George...

Only if we decide ONLY black opinions count. I hope that won't happen and I will be dead by the time they have overpopulated the country with their welfare kids generation upon generation.

Lennon in America? That is a surprise but hey if someone bought and paid for it they must have a reason, if it is on public land there must have been a reason of some kind.

@2630624

Unless that drug dealer... happens to be white..
Then it's worth reporting and getting people riled up..

Other than that, MSM couldn't care less if black people wipe each other out..

@2630867

It seems they really don't care..

I guess it's because they can't bring up slavery in those crimes..

@DandyDon It seems they really don't care.. I guess it's because they can't bring up slavery in those crimes..

As if anyone alive today was a slave, wondering if the people who had slave ancestors understand how lucky they are to be in USA where they now have freedom and a full belly every night - unlike real africans who are starving and always at war with each other. I am very glad mt ancestors were indentured servants so I would be born in the USA.

@2630431

Ya so what he is dead all the slaves are dead too.

I think those that want to remove the monuments and statues are all about hating America and wanting to erase it's history.

@2630354

How rude they are. I was in a store the other day a lady put up a display with paper and pen to enter a contest. Within 15 mins, some fool wrote F you all over the papers. Mindless fools do these things..

This happens when stupid people get a voice

@2631105

What about other peoples feelings or opinions, maybe a vote to see just how many want this to happen

Gronk -- Well fine all the better they show us how stupid they are.

The majority of people couldn't care less and i don't let media fool me into believing otherwise..

I seen it first hand here, actually all that bullshit first started off here..
No one had any problem with a couple of statues here, until politicians and paid protestors made it seem like it was all of a sudden a problem..

They removed the statues and are still trying to figure out where to get the money to pay for them being moved..

The vast majority(All colors) couldn't give a rats ass if they stay or go..

Media drama, bought and paid for....Another reality show..

@2630524

I just thought of something. Those southern boys that love their flag and still feel they are of another country ARE WILD. They could do anything to protect wha they think is their heritage being destroyed.

@DandyDon The majority of people couldn't care less and i don't let media fool me into believing otherwise.. I seen it first...

DD probably you are right. News makes so much out of so little. I just can't afford newspapers to read what might really be going on wary smilie