Mcflys avatar Politics
1 21

That was 154 years ago, those Confederates are long gone. I'm against the Confederate flag though. It's a slap in the face to black people. It's not what the South stands for since 1864 and it stands for racism in my opinion that many don't share.

@JerryHendrickson That was 154 years ago, those Confederates are long gone. I'm against the Confederate flag though. It's a slap in...

I get, I understand your thoughts, but hiding the Confederate flag will never make the pain of slavery and the Civil War go away. IMO we shouldn't try to airbrush our history. The era, the moral standards were what they were. I say let's keep our history out in the open, where we can see all the beauty and the flaws.

@2631466

Agreed! And pissing off our Southern brethren isn't going to9 help them accept the loss of a treasured icon within their Southern culture.

PS- I am SOOOO glad we're on the same page on this one Linn!l smilie

@2631574

So it seems my dear!

@2631578

What's that supposed to mean?
jolly smiliehehe smilie

Yep, they tried to leave, but didn't get the job done.

Who was it that wanted more recently to leave America?
Let me think, ... it was right after the election.

Hmmmm --- what about those in California wanting to leave the Union. Isn't there supposed to be a ballot initiative on that in 2018? What does that make those who vote for leaving the Union?

Traitors.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are -1Reply
@Skr3wBall Traitors.

Many were simply being loyal to their State.

@PhilboydStudge Many were simply being loyal to their State.

Ooooh so... traitors to their country. got it.

T r a i t o r s.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Skr3wBall Ooooh so... traitors to their country. got it. T r a i t o r s.

Here is the last paragraph of the Declaration of Independence:

We, therefore, the representatives of the United States of America, in General Congress assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the name and by the authority of the good people of these colonies solemnly publish and declare, That these United Colonies are, and of right ought to be, FREE AND INDEPENDENT STATES; that they are absolved from all allegiance to the British crown and that all political connection between them and the state of Great Britain is, and ought to be, totally dissolved; and that, as free and independent states, they have full power to levy war, conclude peace, contract alliances, establish commerce, and do all other acts and things which independent states may of right do. And for the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor.

Anonymous