Sukiesnows avatar Life
6 22

I'm a great cook, if I don't have exactly the right ingredients I improvise. lol

@StarzAbove I'm a great cook, if I don't have exactly the right ingredients I improvise. lol

So you must be even better with all the right ingredients...

Otherwise: Sometimes ppl have the habit of saying anyway: That was so great, mom!

To some extent, you need to have it in you to cook fine

I'm a great cook with what i have..

With all the info available, yes.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply

That's like saying you can be a great painter so long as you have all the paints and brushes. There is skill involved.

@PhilboydStudge That's like saying you can be a great painter so long as you have all the paints and brushes. There is skill involved.

Doesn't following a recipe take just the ability to read?

I wish that was true...about being a great painter...

@PhilboydStudge True, but great cooks do more than follow recipes.

True, but even mediocre cooks can rise above it...by following Bobby Flay's recipes in his BBQ cookbook....I hear the recipes call for many different ingredients but the end result is chef-worthy.

It's important to know which ingredients go well together .... and how much. Experience helps a lot!

The right ingredient is skill.

Mashas avatar Masha Disagree +4Reply

Not if you can't cook for shit in the first place.

I guess the 2 people who disagree don't have any reasons...

Gotta disagree. I can have all the right ingredients in the world, but if I don't know how to use them, which ones to put together, and which ones not to, then you are a terrible cook - you can have the finest oysters and chocolate in the world, but I sure don't want the two of those ingredients mixed together. My DIL was telling me about someone she knew who couldn't make a decent cheesecake even from a mix.

beachbums avatar beachbum Disagree +2Reply

Anybody can cook, or do anything they set their mind too. It just takes the tight mentality 🤗

Cooking is always nicer with two people ;) passion starts in the kitchen!

That's soo true by the way. When I had a boyfriend and I took him to the kitchen there was always a wave of love and energy. Passion and mystery.

A good cook can make good food even with the wrong ingredients.

Vrendowls avatar Vrendowl Disagree 0Reply
Anonymous